Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Prefer it O/A and I have no doubt saying the VW would have the far better build quality....
    Click here to enlarge
    I seriously doubt that this statement is true.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that the link is Classie Puff might sum it up? haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    I seriously doubt that this statement is true.
    What? That VW has better built quality than BMW?? That's been known for the last 2-3yrs. I mean...just look at some of the Audi models, quality is second to none.
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    What? That VW has better built quality than BMW?? That's been known for the last 2-3yrs. I mean...just look at some of the Audi models, quality is second to none.

Audi yes...VW..Im not so sure...probably.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Prefer it O/A and I have no doubt saying the VW would have the far better build quality....
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    I would say they are lineball, both have very high build quality, not sure why people are saying one is so much better than the other in quality stakes, they are both from 2 very well respected companies in Europe!!!

Feel free to post proof though, i'd like to know why either is so bad??

This is news to me that there is a 4 cylinder variant of the 1 Series Convertible, from what i knew there were only going to be two 6 cylinders, so much for BMW cutting down their model variants!!!
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course there is the A3 Convertible on sale as well. Softtop like the 120/125i. I think the roof raises/lowers in 9 seconds!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xplosv57 Click here to enlarge
    I would say they are lineball, both have very high build quality, not sure why people are saying one is so much better than the other in quality stakes, they are both from 2 very well respected companies in Europe!!!

Feel free to post proof though, i'd like to know why either is so bad??
    I don't have any proof, nor saying either is so bad - just my observations of looking at various models of the 2 types...I believe the modern VW is built as well as the Audi, the latest pics I've seen of their factories are line ball with their 'taken over' Audi factories...and I've ALWAYS even from decades ago regarded Audis as having the best build quality of any mass produced car type...again just from getting up close to them and making observations...

As for the Beemers, I've noticed a drop in build/finish quality lately, things like cheaper looking and feeling plastics, 'orange peel' paint finishes, rattles and squeaks etc. - must be the the ones produced in Seth Efrica Click here to enlarge...

The current model 320i I've got a hold of ATM is nothing special in any way at all, nothing about it shines IMHO, I'd rather have a Corolla than this POS...or of course one of the new M3's Click here to enlarge at least it's got some great looks and performance behind it Click here to enlarge

Where will this new 1 series be built ??? in Bavaria or outside of Germany ???
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shape of the current 320i is very sexy though...how can u take a corolla over this?Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As for the Beemers, I've noticed a drop in build/finish quality lately, things like cheaper looking and feeling plastics, 'orange peel' paint finishes, rattles and squeaks etc. - must be the the ones produced in Seth Efrica Click here to enlarge...

The current model 320i I've got a hold of ATM is nothing special in any way at all, nothing about it shines IMHO, I'd rather have a Corolla than this POS...or of course one of the new M3's Click here to enlarge at least it's got some great looks and performance behind it Click here to enlarge

Where will this new 1 series be built ??? in Bavaria or outside of Germany ???
    Have to agree with the rattle and squeak parts on the early E90's but updates have fixed those issues!!! Orange peel should be dealt with at the dealer, i'm suprised some have got through if it's a large amount of it!!!

On the whole though, the cars are built to a very high standard and would definetely match it to Audi, VW and the like!!!

I also would take a Corolla over a 320i, based on performance and cost and it doesn't look or feel special for a 60k car!! But something to consider is that this is the base model 3 series, and if not for the luxury/import taxes, would be priced somewhat closer (not the same of course) to a Corolla like it is in Europe!!

The 1 series is being built in the Leipzig plant, and i just happen to have a video of it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP5gdHQALP4
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    The shape of the current 320i is very sexy though...how can u take a corolla over this?Click here to enlarge
    That's a very good point and probably one of the main reasons for my judgement on the car......

For the way it looks, it dosn't drive or feel or give any sensation or excitment of matching it...truly a case of don't judge a book by it's cover, as this car looks ok, but does little else to excite or impress !!! I can honestly say I enjoy driving my Calibra more than the 320i and have a new model Corolla from a friend I also drive often and prefer it too, because it delivers a driving experience equal or better to what you'd expect from it Click here to enlarge

if all your looking at or considering is it's looks, how can you possibly be making any comparisons or judgements to any other cars ???

Then you could also factor in the price of the Beemer not only to buy it in the 1st place but to continue running and maintaining it as Steve's mentioned above and it starts to really make it look mediocre indeed Click here to enlarge hope that makes some sense Click here to enlarge

Good to see the 1 series is going to be built in Germany Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information