Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrissn89 Click here to enlarge
    Ok so today i had a look. My spark plugs by the look of it are the original ones. I went into my local auto electrician to see if they had any, and they didnt. They also think there original ones aswell. There an NKG (think thats it) but they've also got like a twin spark kinda thing happening. Two little sparky things on the spark end. So 148,000km out of the original plugs not too bad. Also the leads look like the original ones aswell.

Leads:
    Went into autobarn and they wanted $148.
    WalkersAuto and they wanted $145.
    Went into holden and they wanted $190 Click here to enlarge even the guy at the spare parts desk said hope your feeling rich. Also the coil pack about $190 aswell (from holden).
    Ive never brought plugs or leads before but i guess im not gonna get much change from $300 bucks.

Cheers for all the help guys, im hoping the problem is just plugs and leads!!
    hey mate, if u r still on original plugs, I suggest changing them first. Dont change your leads as yet as they should last at least until 200,000km but you never know. Get the leads from Holden as they would be a better fit (try get a discount..I find if u ask for a better price, some dealers are willing to do it).
    U can get the plugs also from Holden for quite cheap or from a place like Burson or Repco. Burson is cheaper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so today i had a look. My spark plugs by the look of it are the original ones. I went into my local auto electrician to see if they had any, and they didnt. They also think there original ones aswell. There an NKG (think thats it) but they've also got like a twin spark kinda thing happening. Two little sparky things on the spark end. So 148,000km out of the original plugs not too bad. Also the leads look like the original ones aswell.

Leads:
    Went into autobarn and they wanted $148.
    WalkersAuto and they wanted $145.
    Went into holden and they wanted $190 Click here to enlarge even the guy at the spare parts desk said hope your feeling rich. Also the coil pack about $190 aswell (from holden).
    Ive never brought plugs or leads before but i guess im not gonna get much change from $300 bucks.

Cheers for all the help guys, im hoping the problem is just plugs and leads!!
    call auto Vaux

www.autovaux.co.uk

they will be genuine GM and take 8 days to arrive at 1/2 the price
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EL BURITO Click here to enlarge
    call auto Vaux

www.autovaux.co.uk

they will be genuine GM and take 8 days to arrive at 1/2 the price

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    buy a set of ngk plugs, cheapm will last, and you'll ave then instantly
    Click here to enlarge
    02' Corsa Sri (3 wheeler model) Now- Jvc head-unit, splits, 6x9's, amp and sub - White centre fascia - white and red led conversion - Slotted rotors -Ebc green stuff Suspension- Eibach Pro-Kit - Angel eyes - Catback exhaust Soon - Dampers, Exhaust, CAI, Rear Sway Bar, Extractors, Fix 50 cent shape tyres

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers guys, ill change the plugs first, and if that doesnt fit it, ill throw some new leads on.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I blue out the fuel filter with the air compressor yesterday arvo, and that deffently helped when you put your foot on the accelerator. So ive ordered a new one and hopefully all sorted.

P.s. Ill still be changing the plugs
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I blue out the fuel filter with the air compressor yesterday arvo, and that deffently helped when you put your foot on the accelerator. So ive ordered a new one and hopefully all sorted.

P.s. Ill still be changing the plugs

lol!!! why did u connect an air compressor to your fuel filter??hahah..u have pics??Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    lol!!! why did u connect an air compressor to your fuel filter??hahah..u have pics??Click here to enlarge
    Why is that so funny, whats inside the filter?? would blowing it out do nothing? no pics sorry next time ill make a HOW TO
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nah, i would never have thought of cleaning a fuel filter...prob. just replace it and it hasnt been designed to be able to clean.

how to??hahaClick here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    just a quick and easy way of eliminating certain things without it costing anything.
    smart thing to do Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information