Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by astrauturbo Click here to enlarge

I still think you made a mistake getting a rexy. EVO is the way to go Click here to enlarge

True that - but then there's the cost and the wait for an Evo... Click here to enlarge

And you've got to like the new 'bulbous' 4 door sedan layout too...

My pick would be the Ralliart - almost as much car for 1/2 to 2/3 the price Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blueraven Click here to enlarge
    better handling but its different, about the same speed as the astra...for now Click here to enlarge

Can you ellaborate BR Click here to enlarge

By same speed, do you mean rolling speed/acceleration ??

I assume the take off speed/acceleration of the Sti would murder your TS ??

Stock standard the new Sti is good for a mid to low 13sec 1/4 mile run Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off the mark naturally the sti will leave 95% of car on the road for dead.

when rolling tho i would say my astra is definately quicker Click here to enlarge ( of course it should be with 30kw more power, lighter car and less transmission loss Click here to enlarge )

but not THAT much quicker. might just be the feel of things, because the sti is deceptively fast & smooth Click here to enlarge
    Subaru MY08 STi - Alpine white :whistle:
    Hammond to Clarkson: "if the STi is faster your gonna look like such a knob!"

209kw at all 4.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    might just be the feel of things, because the sti is deceptively fast & smooth Click here to enlarge
    I think that's exactly what it is Click here to enlarge

What does it sound like both at part throttle and when gunned ???

In reviews they say it definitely has a noticeable 'rex rumble' when driven hard, unlike the standard Wrx, which is dead quiet...even when thrashed...

The one I spotted driving past was also dead quiet, but it was just coasting along...

I know an aftermarket zorst will change things, but just wondering what the stock system is like Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is the sti faster than a HSV senator? or fpv v6 turbo? ...off the line.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    Depends on your relationship with your clutch, if it’s an abusive one, hell yes.

Also F6 has a straight six and the Senator isn’t the fastest Holden... The F6 would have the STI from 80kph onwards I would imagine
    Last edited by Apex; 2nd May 2008 at 03:31 PM.
    Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge

its faster off the line and everywhere else. holden/ford = :boohoo:

209kw at all 4.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its faster off the line and everywhere else. holden/ford = :boohoo:
    If thrashed and/or bombed off the line, it should be quicker than just about any other car out of the box - the current VE SS or HSV will run it down over a 1/4 mile run though !!!

I've driven the new HSV GTS, it's awesome and can turn a 13.5 without even breaking a sweat, time after time...

The new upcoming F6 FPV turbo 6 will eat a stock Sti however in a straight line Click here to enlarge it's capable of sub 5's to 100km/h and is said to be capable of high 12's for the 1/4...looks like becoming one of the quickest cars around as is off the showroom floor when they're released, along with the new HSV 427...

BR sorry to ask again, but what's the exhaust note like and how loud/noticeable is it ??? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You havent been doing your research ang Click here to enlarge

pretty sure it was edmunds, but an american show reviewed the STi and showed it doing 0-60mph in 4.6 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 13.3 Click here to enlarge i have seen the same results on a japanese show also on youtube Click here to enlarge even tiff needle on top gear said the new STI will do 0-60mph in 4.8 Click here to enlarge

guys with nothing more than a cobb/perrin flash from the us are getting over 200kw at the wheels and pulling low 4 second 0-60mph and mid/high 12's.

exhaust note is great, has the subaru bora boro and lauren explain it best when i floored in on the freeway in reference to the whole engine/exhaust noise "Sounds like a jet taking off!" haha. exhaust isnt that lound from iside the car, but lauren say its reasonably loud from outside, but not as loud as my astra by far.

209kw at all 4.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You havent been doing your research ang Click here to enlarge

pretty sure it was edmunds, but an american show reviewed the STi and showed it doing 0-60mph in 4.6 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 13.3 Click here to enlarge i have seen the same results on a japanese show also on youtube Click here to enlarge even tiff needle on top gear said the new STI will do 0-60mph in 4.8 Click here to enlarge

guys with nothing more than a cobb/perrin flash from the us are getting over 200kw at the wheels and pulling low 4 second 0-60mph and mid/high 12's.

exhaust note is great, has the subaru bora boro and lauren explain it best when i floored in on the freeway in reference to the whole engine/exhaust noise "Sounds like a jet taking off!" haha. exhaust isnt that lound from iside the car, but lauren say its reasonably loud from outside, but not as loud as my astra by far.
    True that with all the above BR Click here to enlarge

I was just going off what the latest mag reports I've read of our AUDM Sti saying it did 0-100km/h in 5.1sec...

I'm sure it's probably quicker Click here to enlarge

And COBB tuning is definitely one good place to get some tuning stuff from Click here to enlarge

It's their demo car that's turning mid 12's with minor mods as you've noted above - I'd be talking to them for sure if I had one Click here to enlarge

Thanks for the brief on the exhaust, sounds pretty good Click here to enlarge

Just keep an eye out for those new (ugly) soon to be released FPV turbo 6's, they will be a surprise package...
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information