Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    I've also done it on my turbo Vert - NOT sure if it's ALL exactly the same process for the N/A variants...if you are able to find out about that part of it, I can supply you with info as to how I did mine...

FYI it is a very fiddly excercise and you need to be very careful with some of the wiring work involved, for me now I have it, I don't use it much if ever at all, so could've saved myself the bother...

hmmm !!!!!! just would be nice to have it but from what you describe ide rather someone who knows what they are doing do it !

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider Click here to enlarge
    rude one has done it I believe (he was telling me at the OA cruise)

i looked into it about a week ago, it involves quite a bit of fiddling with relays n so forth

go here: http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=96753

and you're looking for 'How To'..... Fit a Traction Control Switch

Thanks for finding that Glider. It doesnt show the process for adding the switch on the dash though......... god damn european cars !

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ice Click here to enlarge
    hmmm !!!!!! just would be nice to have it but from what you describe ide rather someone who knows what they are doing do it !
    What I suggest you do is consult an auto electrician or sparky and see if they can/are willing to do it for you and you supply them with the switch and centre console insert...maybe even supply the info in the above link to help them out, they 'should know' how to sort out the rest...

You can get the part no's for the switch and console piece here or by phoneing/going to a GMH spare parts outlet...

Also if you do a search in the 'How To' section here on the forum, you should get a thread with all this info and item part no's. Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    What I suggest you do is consult an auto electrician or sparky and see if they can/are willing to do it for you and you supply them with the switch and centre console insert...maybe even supply the info in the above link to help them out, they 'should know' how to sort out the rest...

You can get the part no's for the switch and console piece here or by phoneing/going to a GMH spare parts outlet...

Also if you do a search in the 'How To' section here on the forum, you should get a thread with all this info and item part no's. Click here to enlarge

Cheers Wraith.... i will do that this week sometime and thanks guys for your input as its made things clearer for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the traction control switch is very simple..and it can be done on the cdx, as long as it doesnt have esp.
    all you have to do really is either, run a wire to the abs plug in the engine bay if you dont already have the plug under the ash tray
    Make me a sandwich.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make sure the switch is hidden.

Traction control is there for a reason and if you prang it, and insurance notice the little switch there and twig.. they can wipe your insurance and the claim.

I can turn it off in my AH but to be honest its only useful if you are taking the car to the track.
    Holden Astra - Opel in disguise.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hmmm your now giving me more to think about !

ok i think i might just leave it as it is.....maybe ill think differently tomorrow but thanks for all your input guys.

Pete

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The switch is a good idea, ive got one my self...... I did it differently though.......

I find my self driveing with it off more times then not, Many people have argued the point with me thats its a safetly device etc... but i like knowing when my wheels are going to let go then if need be power out of it rather then haveing a computer cut the engine power and apply the brakes to the offending wheel.

Though if you get a bit heavy on the go pedal your tyres dont last to long, for a small car it can lite them up easly enuff.
    sigs are stupid Click here to enlarge

My car goes broom, all 91kw of it !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider Click here to enlarge
    rude one has done it I believe (he was telling me at the OA cruise)

i looked into it about a week ago, it involves quite a bit of fiddling with relays n so forth

go here: http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=96753

and you're looking for 'How To'..... Fit a Traction Control Switch
    This is the instructions i used, its pretty simple, dosent take long at all.

If you get the proper switch it look factory, so insurance never knows Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont think traction control applies the brakes. thats more esp, than traction control.
    all traction control does i believe is cut power to the engine.
    Make me a sandwich.

Thread Information