Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun Click here to enlarge
    Are you saying 200 Units in total ?
    Please confirm ?
    Sorry Shaun, my pager thingy dosn't work...

200 units total Australia wide, for the last shipment.

They made an estimate of the number 'they think' would sell until the next shipment schedule ' if ' they decide to bring in more...

I was told if that can't move this last shipment (which seems to be the case) they won't bring in anymore, maybe only the new white VXR (20 off only if they're lucky enough to be allocated them) and that's it...

BTW I've met with Chris Payne many times (HSV factory tour, future model releases focus group meets etc. )and dicussed all things HSV with him, TBH I wouldn't bank on anything this guy says, IMHO he's full of it...

With HSV you just gotta pick and guess what they'll do next and despite how much they try and separate themselves from Holden, they are one and the same company, they only push that line to make people who buy their products feel better, it's all a marketing strategy Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Payne isnt who im refering to. Im refereing to Scott Grant. HSV New Managing Director who is the Ex Lexus MD.
    The latest Batch have only arrived. The are only a Handful of 07 plated stock left. they are selling them but they need to market them some more.

Shaun
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they are selling them but they need to market them some more.
    Golf Gtis seem to exit the showroom at a decent rate of knots without huge amounts of marketing. They have since the Mk 5 was released a few years ago.

If people wanted a VXR they would buy one. Poeple in the market for this type of car KNOW what's around.
    Last edited by rjastra; 15th April 2008 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun Click here to enlarge
    Chris Payne isnt who im refering to. Im refereing to Scott Grant. HSV New Managing Director who is the Ex Lexus MD.
    The latest Batch have only arrived. The are only a Handful of 07 plated stock left. they are selling them but they need to market them some more.

Shaun

Chris Payne now runs Elfin, that's why Scott grant has taken the reigns at HSV Click here to enlarge

As mentioned, they are all interconnected...

From what I was told at the HSV dealer, it seems everyone who wanted a VXR already has one, hence they're not moving stocks at any great pace these days, hence the very small intake of only 200 vehicles and also the decision to 'try' and get some of the Nurburg. white editions to try and re-spark interest...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge

If people wanted a VXR they would buy one. Poeple in the market for this type of guy KNOW what's around.
    +1

This is very, very true and in my case what stopped me from seriously considering a VXR after initial strong interest !!!

I basically compared it to what else is out there in the same or similar category and I'm sorry to say, except for looks, when all was weighed up, especially the 2 most important things - what you actually get for the money outlay, the VXR failed to impress...

This situation will only get worse as time goes by, because there are going to be some new great buys coming for the mid 40k's bracket, eg: Ralliart Lancer Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also the fact that the Astra H is nearing the end of it's life doesn't help matters. I know I wouldn't go out and buy one when the next generation Astra is 18 months or so off.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    Golf Gtis seem to exit the showroom at a decent rate of knots without huge amounts of marketing. They have since the Mk 5 was released a few years ago.

If people wanted a VXR they would buy one. Poeple in the market for this type of guy KNOW what's around.
    i assume you mean type of car Click here to enlarge

The GTi gets enough international marketing to not need much from VW Aus.
    here, people dont know what Opels are.

and thats where the problem comes in, coz holden ****ed their brand image, and people dont know what is what..

....(they just strut.. what the f*ck) lol.
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Calibrated Click here to enlarge
    and thats where the problem comes in, coz holden ****ed their brand image, and people dont know what is what..

....(they just strut.. what the f*ck) lol.
    I dunno about that. The type of people that are in the market for a car like a VXR are going to know it's origins. People who don't know an Astra is an Opel are more than likely not going to be looking at a VXR.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden Click here to enlarge
    I dunno about that. The type of people that are in the market for a car like a VXR are going to know it's origins. People who don't know an Astra is an Opel are more than likely not going to be looking at a VXR.
    Agree...

And this is why they'll never sell a great many number of them, because there are only very few people who fit in the above category...

As previously mentioned they (GMH/HSV) are more than aware of this fact concerning the Corsa VXR...

It's great for enthusiasts to have a more unique/exclusive car, but bad for business selling them... Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden Click here to enlarge
    Also the fact that the Astra H is nearing the end of it's life doesn't help matters. I know I wouldn't go out and buy one when the next generation Astra is 18 months or so off.
    Not quite true... the Gti Mk5 is less than a year away from replacement and people still want them!

Thread Information