Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aussie_in_london Click here to enlarge
    that almost puts him up there with Clarkson then doesnt it lol
    so if you combine both their opinions together and make it your own you will not be far off a legend motoring journalist yourself and i think you could then answer your own question in regards to someone being more competent giving an opinion over an ex f1 driver Click here to enlarge
    I'm not making it my own opinion...my own opinion is that the VXR is too nervous at the limit. I'd still get one, it's not too much of a deterrent for me. Click here to enlarge And citing Tiff as a referance point for my opion is just to back what I experienced. Click here to enlarge Only thing that your gonna experience with having the car for 12mths is how quick you get bored, how much services cost etc. which doesn't interest me. I'm interested in the handling of the car which is apparent from a 40min hard drive.

As for the Corsa...well it's a really nice car, but the Clio does seem to be putting out better lap times. Corsa is probably still better due to the tuning potential, being a turbo. Click here to enlarge
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EL BURITO Click here to enlarge
    That is what top gear magazine do

they have had a 300C for 6mths now

along with 4 or 5 other cars being driven by there writers that are given monthly updates.

and they don't tell the service depts they are with topgear so get rear world experience
    Yes, these are the reviews which hold far more credibilty and weight and can be an invaluable source of info, if your interested in getting that car yourself, especially if you want to keep it long term, as problems arise over time, not immediately Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast aussie_in_london's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    I'm not making it my own opinion...my own opinion is that the VXR is too nervous at the limit. I'd still get one, it's not too much of a deterrent for me. Click here to enlarge And citing Tiff as a referance point for my opion is just to back what I experienced. Click here to enlarge Only thing that your gonna experience with having the car for 12mths is how quick you get bored, how much services cost etc. which doesn't interest me. I'm interested in the handling of the car which is apparent from a 40min hard drive.

As for the Corsa...well it's a really nice car, but the Clio does seem to be putting out better lap times. Corsa is probably still better due to the tuning potential, being a turbo. Click here to enlarge
    i know we are all driving gods here and some more than others but in reality i doubt you would ever get the full amount out of the car or even realise its full potential, most times its the pilot that lets the car down and not the car itself, if your going to quote Tiff again, yes he is an ex F1 driver and that being rwd, he has never raced fwd and we all know there is a difference, wont to experience the VXR's full potentals then get out in one with a touring car driver, i have been out a few times now with current BTCC drivers and was blown away by just how well a stock VXR handles at the hands of actually driving gods and not us self preclaimed driving gods lol

as for the VXR being to nervous at the limits, have you ever had your own driving ability assessed, no offence but there could also be your problem!

as for the corsa base it on your own opinion and take it for a drive (if Aus get them that is lol)

good vid with the corsa up against the clio 197 cup, puts the 2 into a bit more propsective in regards to track times etc
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/VideosWallp...=232304&Mode=B

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got substantial go-carting experience myself and some junior rallies overseas. Admittedly the rallies were in 100bhp tricked out kit-cars but nevertheless.

Also, James Plato said the same about the VXR....and he is a BTCC driver. Click here to enlarge

Just to emphasize...I love the VXR Astra, ok? I'm just being realistic towards it's capabilities from stock. Click here to enlarge

And look, Astra is a car that's meant to be good in the hands of a mortal...Focus ST doesn't require you to be a driving God to drive it fast. Click here to enlarge

That's my last post on this...it might never end Click here to enlarge
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

OpelAus Enthusiast aussie_in_london's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge

Also, James Plato said the same about the VXR....and he is a BTCC driver. Click here to enlarge

and Jason races for Seat, somehow i wouldnt expect him to be raving about a Vauxhall lol

in my opinion a 40 min demo drive from a dealer is never really enought to make a full assumption on any car, low milage, crap fuel to say the least.

Vxl have done well with their VXR track days, all the range on a number of race circuits, decent milage and high octane fuel while you go about with a pro race instructor which most are ex GT and BTCC drivers. Well worth the 95 quid that also includes evassive driving course, lunch and refreshments throughout the day, we are doing our third next month and well worth the experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish we had that kind of stuff here...we never get anything over here, as you already know. Click here to enlarge

Thread Information