Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this was my post from the nsw forum:

cop cars with p plates, i guess ill have to buy myself a light bar and act like one.

few things that i know, is that normal uncover cars:
    - dont have any frames around the number plate
    - dont have dealer stickers on back windows
    - have AA11AA style number plates
    - have either 3 antennas on the rear window or one thick on on the rear pass anger side (on the boot sorta)
    - dont ever use their fog lights
    - if you are driving infront of it, you will see the light bar on the dash or infront of the rear vision mirror
    - the cars have darker rear windows with the rear window

if you can get anymore info tell me/us

how i know this i went on a technology study with my lil cuzin for her school.... she done it for me [=

hahaha

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen them driving with fog lights on - part of their way of blending in.

Dead give away is the aerials on the back window, and the slight glow from inside.

And I have been done with cops going the other way, they simply brake, put their lights on and turn around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In QLD they use LED lights. You can see them in the front grill on the car when you get close.
    Click here to enlarge
    It's RED and it goes PPHSSSSS
    And as good as gone.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

this is stupid... Why do they even sit on highways? 99% of accidents are caused by dumb **** heads merging in and out of traffic and not looking in their blind spots! Not speeding.. They should concerntrate on driver education and road rules to create more sensible drivers!! Ive only lived on the coast for a few months and its a regular occurance seeing people nearly running others off the road ive almost been merged into several times!!

Hiding and fitting in with everyone else defeats the entire purpose of police presence! Sure any car could be a cop but when you come up behind a yaris do you slow down?? **** no but youll ****ing slow down if its a cop car..

Dont even get me started with them asking for tasers to become astandard tool for the police force...
    EO XR5T - Dark Side...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then don't drive on the M1 from the Gold Coast to Brisbane ... because guaranteed every 5kms is a cop car pulling someone over.

I agree though, more driver education needs to be administered. However, speed still is a number 1 killer, or even best case scenario, causes bad accidents, especially when you have inexperienced drivers behind the wheel.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Huhness Click here to enlarge

Hiding and fitting in with everyone else defeats the entire purpose of police presence! Sure any car could be a cop but when you come up behind a yaris do you slow down?? **** no but youll ****ing slow down if its a cop car..
    That's what they're obviously trying to stop though. People see a cop car they slow down whilst it's around, it turns off, speed up again. Whereas if any car could be a cop car then they are hoping that people will drive keeping that in mind ALL the time, not just when they see one. But yeh driver education is a must.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

NSW Cruise Co-ordinator maloo97's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden Click here to enlarge
    That's what they're obviously trying to stop though. People see a cop car they slow down whilst it's around, it turns off, speed up again. Whereas if any car could be a cop car then they are hoping that people will drive keeping that in mind ALL the time, not just when they see one. But yeh driver education is a must.
    Yep. Thats what it basicly says in the article.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden Click here to enlarge
    ok yea I agree that does happen...

I think they heading in the right direction with driver education my sister has to do something like 100 hours daytime driving and 50 hours night driving! I thought 50 hours was alot.. But i think learners should have to attend a drivers ed class at the cop shop or local rta where they are told about how the consequences of driving.. I learnt the shit way and the first 2 years of my driving history was cause more havok in my life than anything else!! It took a year in court for me to finally relise what could have been taught in a few seminars or something.. What these inexperienced drivers dont know is driving is a massive responsibility.. **** up and it could cost you your life or someone innocent..
    EO XR5T - Dark Side...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on storys i was speeding on a local road and spun out onto the most hated chicks lawn from school, the cops didnt care, but they forced me to got a advanced driving session/day and i must say it was the best thing ever.

all new p platers or l platers going to get p's should have at least the basic one done, so if something does go wrong or they do something stupid they know how get out of it

and keep them hidden, as yea if people see the marked car they are calm and peaceful, but if cops assimilate withe cars then drivers do stupid shit and get caught.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its one of the best things the NSW Police force could have done. How many cars do you see running up and down busy sydney roads having traffic light runs. Honestly all . I would love to put some of these " hoons" into a Hwy Patrol car for a week and let them attend a MVA where people are trapped and have had to be cut out of cars and other horrific sences. Its about time the Police were smart about this and started to catch the dumb asses who feel racing on public roads is a hero status. Guys and girls from Sydney. We have WSID. Melbourne you Have Calder. Why not use them.
    $50.00 (not sure of the cost @ Calder though) is a lot cheaper then loosing your licence then having to attend court and the possiablity of loss of income because you cant get to work whilst your licence is suspended .

Shaun
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Thread Information