Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    NSW Cruise Co-ordinator maloo97's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(N.S.W) Can you pick the police car?

As found and read in the Daily Telegraph today, This is just another way of revenue raising, But at the same time Getting idiot's off the street doing the wrong thing. Full article and link here,

ANY car on the road could now be a cop car, thanks to a NSW Police initiative to combat hoons and law breakers.
    Highway patrol officers have used unmarked police cars for years.
    But the latest scheme sees a range of high performance sports vehicles including Ford Falcon Typhoons and Suburu Impreza WRXs patrolling the streets.
    The vehicles are fitted with the latest accessories and are in a range of colours - some even sporting "P" plates - to fit in with vehicles commonly associated with car hoons.
    Police Traffic Services Commander Chief Superintendent John Hartley said the scheme was part of a ploy to "blend in" with the hoons.
    "What we're doing is using a combination of marked and unmarked police cars," Supt Hartley said.
    "We're using covert style vehicles which are, in the main, high performance cars like the (Ford) Typhoons.
    "They are a new strategy to get cars that blend in with the hoodlums.
    "What we find is people don't pick them as police cars and it's easier to pick offences like speeding, using a mobile phone or not wearing a seatbelts.
    "We've found that people usually slow down and modify their driving behaviour when they see a marked police car.
    "What we're trying to do is get the message across that anywhere, anytime, any car could be a police car.
    "You won't know whether the car beside you is a police car or not."
    But the fleet designed to catch law-breakers on the roads does not stop at new or sports-modified models.
    Police are also deploying older, well-worn cars as part of their covert traffic operations, Supt Hartley said.
    It seems to be working, with speeding and drink driving offences well down over the Christmas period.
    And although it has a very serious side to it, the new cars are providing police with one or two "lighter moments"
    "The officers tell me that they have had a couple of people pull alongside with the intention of a drag race," Supt Hartley said. "They think the better of it when they look across and see a police uniform on the guy sitting behind the wheel."
    Supt Hartley said a "classic" example of the success of the scheme was the recent case of a hire car driver who was pulled over for speeding while ferrying a bride and groom.
    Police began deploying the undercover vehicles in March when the State Government announced funding for an additional 50 highway patrol cars.
    They took delivery of the fleet shortly before the Christmas traffic campaign.
    "I think it's having a big impact on the street racing and hoodlum activity (but) it's probably to early to tell about general driving behaviour," Supt Hartley said.

Link: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001021,00.html
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are getting cheeky. In ipswich (apart from the Falcon XR6/Turbo's/8's) they now have 380 VRX'x. A white Rodeo LT, with canopy. And a Hyundai Sonata!!!!!!!

To catch the unsuspecting idiots. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    It's RED and it goes PPHSSSSS
    And as good as gone.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just last night when i was filling up with fuel, I noticed 2 police in uniform filling up in a Vy ss commy with wheels and dropped and dark dark tint.
    Like that dark u could not see in, but here i have seen marked vrx's too and undercover Falcon XR6 and XR8's with racing stripes. Mostly seen those on stoney creek road in sydney.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh its about time the Police got one up on those who are trying to break the law.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maloo97 Click here to enlarge
    some even sporting "P" plates - to fit in with vehicles commonly associated with car hoons.
    That's entrapment and breaking the law if the driver isn't technically a p-plater
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by diesel110 Click here to enlarge
    That's entrapment and breaking the law if the driver isn't technically a p-plater
    Nothing wrong with entrapment in Australia in a court of law. Only America.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I beleave a Person on there full licence can drive a car with p plates on.
    And its not againts the law either.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maloo97 Click here to enlarge
    I beleave a Person on there full licence can drive a car with p plates on.
    And its not againts the law either.
    At least in sydney, yes it is, read the comments after the article where it states that someone got fined for having them up whilst on their full licence.
    And some rules of entrapment still apply i.e. you can't just hide a speed camera anywhere. So i was unsure as to whether this still counts, maybe not by law, but morally, you have to admit...
    Also, (not sure about NSW) but you'd hope that they were < 125kw/tonne or they'd better fine themselves for not obeying the p-plate rules, if you're gonna display them, don't set double standards..
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im going to move houses closer to the cop shop, so i know what they have....

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And some rules of entrapment still apply i.e. you can't just hide a speed camera anywhere...
    But they do... lol Police hiding with their laser guns for instance. I suppose just don't do anything wrong and you'll be fine. Afterall if someone pulls up beside you and wants to drag, in the eyes of the law you should ignore them. If it happens to be a cop then bad luck. Morally, I guess entrapment, but if they are allowed to do it then good for them.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Thread Information