Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you checked both the EGR valve (and pipes!) and the PCV valve?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vectraguy01 Click here to enlarge
    the fault codes are wats going to be for us determine wat the problem is, with the opel range the error codes that they tell us via tech 2 or via diagnostic tools dont always represent the problem, plus holden have no freakn clue on how our cars work, they only normaly work on the comodores the opel range to them is stupid so they cant understand everything the tech 2 is saying to them error code wise.
    regarding the fuel filter every single car made from like 99 onwards has a fuel filter, they are just dumb arses if they cant find it.
    id say that would be the issue (fuel filter or fuel pump)
    And if u need a need ecu dont get it from holden buy it from overseas and save a packet.
    Thanks for your thoughts here..... okay error codes.... according to Holden they represent "misfire codes for all cylinders except cylinder 2"..... P0306, P0301, P0300, P0303. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NXA-16H Click here to enlarge
    Have you checked the throttle body???

Last time I had issues with the Barina and rough idling, I had the throttle body blown-out with a high-pressure air blaster, and it was as right as rain afterwards.

Just my 2c. worth

Hope it helps.

NXK-43Y
    Thanks mate.... was cleaned recently... by me.... but she ran a whole lot better after.... so not sure if related. But, good point to raise Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by platypus Click here to enlarge
    yeah too many to mention - but first port of call would be fuel and fueling - new fuel filter would be my first start, followed by a run on E10 (or dump a litre of metho into the tank - why? because this will make any water in your tank miscible through the engine)

could the timing be out? that will cause this too!!

EGR valve broken will cause the fouling but not so much the idle issues...

finally if its still doing it check O2 sensor after that for same reason check the AFM (or MAF which does the veccy have?)
    Thanks!

Timing appears to be right according to Holden although they did muck around for a little bit with this. Click here to enlarge

Should no longer be water in the tank, as the tank was drained and cleaned.... but hadn't heard of the metho idea.... would it hurt to do this anyway? Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    have you checked both the EGR valve (and pipes!) and the PCV valve?
    Sorry..... I have no idea what these are.... please explain. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update....

Holden replaced the spark plugs.... for this trail purpose, I asked for just the normal/standard ones to be put in (no use wasting platinum plugs if indeed they do foul), and I collected the old girl up yesterday lunchtime. Click here to enlarge

Late that afternoon, about 120kms later.... she had one of her moments.... rough idling, engine management light flashed on and off.... then righted herself.... Click here to enlarge

This morning.... another very brief episode.... and again righted herself.... I shall keep an eye on this till Monday and see what happens Click here to enlarge

Thanks though to everyone who has provided me with valuable suggestions/ideas.... Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you taking it straight back to holden?

doesnt sound like they've actually fixed anything..
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EGR = exhaust gas recirculation. These valves and associated plumbing can gum up over time causing poor running and idling.

PCV = positive crankcase ventilation. Similar problems can occur especially lumpy idling

Both would probably cause an engine check light if they are faulty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the 2.6l and 3.2l v6 veccy's dont have a egr value, only other thing i can think it could be is the fuel pressure regulator.
    Is it rough throughout the rev range or only at idle??
    And have they changed the fuel filter or can they still not find it???
    Audi B6 2004 A4 1.8T S-Line Black. Its Bloody well tuned by AuzVectra.
    *Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vectraguy01 Click here to enlarge
    And have they changed the fuel filter or can they still not find it???
    usual spots are just on side of petrol tank, under the sill,
    above the wheel arch,
    in the tank, via the under seat access - (this is best as its normally straight inline with the pump

the fuel gauge sender is the thing at the front of the tank... stupid GM caused me to lose 9 litres of premium yesterday by putting it there!!!
    TR Astra F, Mk3 1.8 16v Saloon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 3...... the Veccy is still going well (touches wood), so fingers' crossed. Have given her till Monday..... added another 165kms with no dramas Click here to enlarge

Will keep you posted Click here to enlarge and thanks again for the input Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so i take it there we no prizes?
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try looking into the fuel pressure as with my SSS when my fuel reg was rooted and was up around the 4bar of fuel pressure now for a N/A that is way to high it would be like u described not exactly but similar to it.

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

Thread Information