Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Veccy is not good.... guess it right... and win a prize!

Okay... as I have posted here somewhere, the Veccy C (3.2l V6 manual) took on a load of dirty fuel. Had to have her fuel tank removed and cleaned, fuel system cleaned out, and injectors removed and cleaned.

Now when Holden put her all back together, they did say she was having some issues with idling rough, but apparently tweaked her and sorted her out.

Today... problem is back, and she is currently back with Holden (I will be in Melbourne from tomorrow to Monday night, so won't have her back till Tuesday I would imagine).

Symptons are:
    • Engine management light flashing on and off (and sometimes on solidly)
    • Rough, very rough idle.... hmmm, Holden told that me that the previous problem was not enough fuel was getting in through each injector... causing some dramas
    • Very rough under load (ie. accelerating, or pressing accelerator down)
    • Lack of power (feels much less powerful than a 1.8l auto AH Astra, one of which I drive regularly... and no criticism intended)
    • Engine will sometimes just die.... mostly when coming to a stop, but will start easily.
    So she is not a happy girl, and I don't think I would have taken on board more dirty fuel.

So..... here's the thing. If you can correctly diagnose the problem (my judgement, and no correspondence will be entered into), the winner receives a prize... 2 Birch Carol & Coyle movie vouchers.

So, no smart arse comments here.... I am simply turning a negative into a positive.... it's almost Christmas.... and I am feeling generous. Also, we have many "experts" on board here.... now's your chance to strut your stuff.

At this stage, Holden probably won't be looking at the Veccy later today, so I do not know, nor will I tell anyone else the updates.

So.... come on.....Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they change the fuel filter and fuel pump?
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Calibrated Click here to enlarge
    Did they change the fuel filter and fuel pump?
    Fuel pump not changed, and according to Holden, my Veccy C does not have a fuel filter.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You're coming to Melbourne and we dont know about it?
    :: OpelAus Senior Moderator ::
    :: OLD: 2000 Opel Corsa B 1.4 - Old info here - 48.7kw atw
    :: OLD: 2003 Opel Corsa C SRi - Old info here - 84.8kw atw
    :: OLD: 2003 Opel Astra SRiT - 182.3kw atw
    :: Daily: 2001 E46 BMW 325Ci Coupe – 2.5L 5spd Manual
    :: Project: 1983 AE71 Toyota Corolla CS-X - not sure what to do yet... ::

www.pauljakubicki.com
    facebook.com/PaulJakubickiPhotography
    Event Photographer/Writer for SpeedNation.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PaulyJ Click here to enlarge
    You're coming to Melbourne and we dont know about it?
    Yes I am.... I have been posting it in The Garage thread for the past 2 weeks Click here to enlarge

But yes:
    • Arrive lunchtime Friday
    • Staying at Saville City Suites, East Melbourne
    • Leaving Monday evening
    • We are down for a 40th at Fitzroy on Saturday
    R seems to have me booked out (hence why I wasn't trying to catch up with the lovely Victorian members) but if I have any time spare.... can I text/email you? But I don't have your number Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok this could be a long shot, but it did happen to my parents veccy b about 4 years ago..

part of the bladder in the fuel tank had somehow come loose and was "floating" around in the tank.. it would occasionaly block the fuel line inside the tank.. the result was exactly what you have described - very rough on idle, lack of power, engine light..

is your car doing this constantly? or is it often but with moments where it runs fine? my parents car would be a lot more often then not, and would come back whenever the foot would go down heavier.. it would be like a massive flat spot then it goes to rough idle piss me off mode..

it took 3 trips to holden before someone figured this out.. but they replaced the tank and the problem dissapeared, and the car has been trouble free ever since.. a guy at holden said it's not the first time he had seen it happen on a vectra b or even the astra g..

do i win a prize?
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Thomas, sorry to go off topic, but I too didn't realise you were in Melb. this weekend......yes I should spend more time in the off topic section Click here to enlarge

Maybe we can organise a quick meet up.....I'll be doing my usual Nth West to Sth East travels on Sunday - perhaps I could drop by where your staying in East Melb.

PM me your ph. no. and we can see how we stand - Pauly and others, what do you think ?? maybe we can make a mini meet out of it......

Oh as for the probable symptoms of your cars problem - too many to mention LOL Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oneightoo Click here to enlarge
    ok this could be a long shot, but it did happen to my parents veccy b about 4 years ago..

part of the bladder in the fuel tank had somehow come loose and was "floating" around in the tank.. it would occasionaly block the fuel line inside the tank.. the result was exactly what you have described - very rough on idle, lack of power, engine light..

is your car doing this constantly? or is it often but with moments where it runs fine? my parents car would be a lot more often then not, and would come back whenever the foot would go down heavier.. it would be like a massive flat spot then it goes to rough idle piss me off mode..

it took 3 trips to holden before someone figured this out.. but they replaced the tank and the problem dissapeared, and the car has been trouble free ever since.. a guy at holden said it's not the first time he had seen it happen on a vectra b or even the astra g..

do i win a prize?
    Not sure yet, but wow, certainly has some similarities...... will keep you posted Matt Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Hey Thomas, sorry to go off topic, but I too didn't realise you were in Melb. this weekend......yes I should spend more time in the off topic section Click here to enlarge

Maybe we can organise a quick meet up.....I'll be doing my usual Nth West to Sth East travels on Sunday - perhaps I could drop by where your staying in East Melb.

PM me your ph. no. and we can see how we stand - Pauly and others, what do you think ?? maybe we can make a mini meet out of it......

Oh as for the probable symptoms of your cars problem - too many to mention LOL Click here to enlarge
    PM sent Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugger, sounds like a definite fuelling problem. So it would be a process of elimination.
    Good luck mate.
    Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TTEETT Click here to enlarge
    Bugger, sounds like a definite fuelling problem. So it would be a process of elimination.
    Good luck mate.
    And luckily they can have her for today, Friday and Monday, and most likely Tuesday..... hmmm Click here to enlarge

Thread Information