Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Astra Diesel section

Hi All,

A new sub-forum has been introduced for the Astra Diesel range, located in the Astra section.

We understand that the diesels are considerably different model to the rest of the Astra range, and feel that it deserved its own sub-section.

Astra Diesel section

Enjoy oil-burners.

Regards
    Paul
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    :: OpelAus Senior Moderator ::
    :: OLD: 2000 Opel Corsa B 1.4 - Old info here - 48.7kw atw
    :: OLD: 2003 Opel Corsa C SRi - Old info here - 84.8kw atw
    :: OLD: 2003 Opel Astra SRiT - 182.3kw atw
    :: Daily: 2001 E46 BMW 325Ci Coupe – 2.5L 5spd Manual
    :: Project: 1983 AE71 Toyota Corolla CS-X - not sure what to do yet... ::

www.pauljakubicki.com
    facebook.com/PaulJakubickiPhotography
    Event Photographer/Writer for SpeedNation.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But again.. Still no VXR section. And Adding a link to www.hsvvxr.com isnt what was asked for either.

Also HSV VXR.com is ran by a different group of people to Opelaus . I thought i would just clear that up with everyone.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun Click here to enlarge
    But again.. Still no VXR section. And Adding a link to www.hsvvxr.com isnt what was asked for either.

Also HSV VXR.com is ran by a different group of people to Opelaus . I thought i would just clear that up with everyone.
    Wowsers is this still going on.... seriously, a Vectra B and a Vectra C are totally different cars, and we have the same section to share..... the Astra AH SRi-T and Astra VXR are a lot more similar than the two Vectra's, and as for the Astra Diesel... I agree with Admin... it is a breed amongst itself and so deserves a separate section.

And.... it is painfully obvious even to myself, that the hsvvxr forum is totally different to Opelaus and not run by Opelaus.

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tfer Click here to enlarge
    it is a breed amongst itself and so deserves a separate section.
    you said it right there tfer, doesnt that kind of contradict what you just said?

wouldnt you call the VXR a "breed amongst itself" to the AH astra range (just like the diesel is)? i certainly would. so if this was the case, why wouldnt it "deserve a separate section" too?
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by btm Click here to enlarge
    you said it right there tfer, doesnt that kind of contradict what you just said?

wouldnt you call the VXR a "breed amongst itself" to the AH astra range (just like the diesel is)? i certainly would. so if this was the case, why wouldnt it "deserve a separate section" too?
    +1
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wowsers is this still going on.... seriously, a Vectra B and a Vectra C are totally different cars, and we have the same section to share..... the Astra AH SRi-T and Astra VXR are a lot more similar than the two Vectra's, and as for the Astra Diesel... I agree with Admin... it is a breed amongst itself and so deserves a separate section.

And.... it is painfully obvious even to myself, that the hsvvxr forum is totally different to Opelaus and not run by Opelaus.

This be the arguement from Admin why would you give a turbo section to start with ? It could be under the Astra section then.

SRi T AH and HSV VXR are not similar. Mods for the on the VXR arent advisable to do to a SRi T. As the engine has different internals for start. A VXR has a stronger engine which is capable of handling more power then a SRi T because of its stronger internals. (Proven fact by many UK Tuners. Please go ahead and challange them.)

They idea is though so it makes it eaiser for Both The VXR and SRi T members looking through items there respective vehicle. Instead of sitting there sifting through every post in the Turbo Section to work out if something is for the AH SRi T / TS SRi T or the VXR.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing as others have decided to bastardise my comments... thought I should do the same to my original comments, so that you all fully comprehend what I am saying:
    • Separate section for Astra VXR: do not agree
    • Separate section for Astra Diesel: agree
    But hey, this is but my opinion, and it may not of course be right in your minds ... but my opinion is right to me Click here to enlarge

and as for the Astra Diesel... I agree with Admin... it is a breed amongst itself and so deserves a separate section.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by btm Click here to enlarge

No, as you misquoted me Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oneightoo Click here to enlarge
    +1
    Again, misquoted Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun Click here to enlarge
    This be the arguement from Admin why would you give a turbo section to start with ? It could be under the Astra section then.

SRi T AH and HSV VXR are not similar. Mods for the on the VXR arent advisable to do to a SRi T. As the engine has different internals for start. A VXR has a stronger engine which is capable of handling more power then a SRi T because of its stronger internals. (Proven fact by many UK Tuners. Please go ahead and challange them.)

They idea is though so it makes it eaiser for Both The VXR and SRi T members looking through items there respective vehicle. Instead of sitting there sifting through every post in the Turbo Section to work out if something is for the AH SRi T / TS SRi T or the VXR.
    Sorry Shaun, I will agree to disagree.... I think both the Astra SRi-T and the Astra VXR are fabulous cars for their intended markets, but I still believe, and nothing here has proven elsewise, that the Astra SRi-T and Astra VXR are more similar to each other, than a Veccy B and Veccy C, hence why I believe the same section does both Astra's.

There is no criticism of anyone's ride here... each to their own. And no way could I be bothered to discuss the finer points of engine internals with UK tuners, when I am not considering a move to either an Astra SRi-T or Astra VXR.....

Just my opinion.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shaun, shut up!
    If you're so pedantic about sifting thru stuff between AH SRi T / TS SRi T or the VXR, use the search function.

How hard is it for a member when making a post to put 'VXR' in the topic...?
    All of Admin agree unanimously about not putting a VXR section in there. In the future if it becomes clearly obvious that there is a heap of vxr discussion on the forums that would warrant a seperate section, then I'll add it in. The Astra diesel's are completely different and do warrant a seperate sub-section for that reason.

Going by your train of thought, does that mean that the Corsa SRi deserves a seperate section to the rest of the Corsa range? Corsa B and C's are significantly different, as are Veccy B's and C's. They all have one section, and to date I have had not 1 complaint. Why is it that you are the only one going on and on about a seperate VXR section?

Sorry Shaun, but for now this stands as it is. As I said above. If discussions on the VXR get to a point where it deserves its own section, i will put one in.

Regards
    Paul and Admin
    :: OpelAus Senior Moderator ::
    :: OLD: 2000 Opel Corsa B 1.4 - Old info here - 48.7kw atw
    :: OLD: 2003 Opel Corsa C SRi - Old info here - 84.8kw atw
    :: OLD: 2003 Opel Astra SRiT - 182.3kw atw
    :: Daily: 2001 E46 BMW 325Ci Coupe – 2.5L 5spd Manual
    :: Project: 1983 AE71 Toyota Corolla CS-X - not sure what to do yet... ::

www.pauljakubicki.com
    facebook.com/PaulJakubickiPhotography
    Event Photographer/Writer for SpeedNation.com.au

Thread Information