Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Gee wiz, once again if this is true and does eventuate, can you imagine a FWD with 260kw and bags of torque, even with an LSD, I think they're shooting themselves in the foot, leave that kind of power output to the AWD please...

And yes 'hopefully' it comes to Aust... Click here to enlarge
    ask Tony wat its like to have that much power in a FWD Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure he'd say it's bags of fun, but not exactly a good everyday street daily drive... Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    Autos...although I am against the use of torque converters and all autos should go along the lines of Mercedes and use multi-plate clutches that are programmed to open progressively when you're starting or stopping, and to give a moment of slip to cushion gearchanges. Plus they are a lot lighter than a bloody torque converter, hence more efficient.

you mean AUDI/VW, as thier version is the leader in dual clutch transmissions, at the moment that is.

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    Well Tony has a fair bit more then thatClick here to enlarge .

Although the RS would be more sedate i think and would most likly be about 200-215fwkw and even that for a FWD is too much power for every day use, although the RS will be engineered to run with that power fulltime so it should handle and drive fairly good and sedate.

Driving a FWD turbo car with only 130 odd fwkw is fun enough(also a PITA especially in the wet) i couldn't imagine 200plus fwkw, it would be a bag of fun for sure i would love to drive it.

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSS_Hoon Click here to enlarge
    you mean AUDI/VW, as thier version is the leader in dual clutch transmissions, at the moment that is.

SSS_Hoon
    Auto's and dual clutch transmission are completely different things...

I was saying that, if we are going to have Automatic gearboxes, we should at least use multiplate clutches instead of the torque converters Click here to enlarge

Dual clutch systems are a whole new world.
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    Auto's and dual clutch transmission are completely different things...

I was saying that, if we are going to have Automatic gearboxes, we should at least use multiplate clutches instead of the torque converters Click here to enlarge

Dual clutch systems are a whole new world.

NO SHIT...

I was just stating that the AUDI/VW Dual Clutch is superior to the Merc one you were refering to is all.

I've only been saying that DSG type gearboxes will be the way of the future for all sports well cars in general for the last 3 years (almost) they are awesome they do have their downsides though but over time they will be sorted that is for sure.

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information