Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by digifish Click here to enlarge
    I am 197 cm (6"2) and fit easily in the back of the Astra with headroom to spare.

The Golf has about as much interior space as the Commorode BTW.

The Commodore is dumb, particularly when compared to cars like the Golf 2.0 TDI (that will tow a boat all day BTW).

digifish
    i'm 194cm and 6'4" and i dont have that much room in the back of an astra.. my head sits on the roof..
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Golf has about as much interior space as the Commorode BTW.

The Commodore is dumb, particularly when compared to cars like the Golf 2.0 TDI (that will tow a boat all day BTW).

digifish

try the differance in the back seat of a commodore to a astra, the commodore seems much better, more room to bounce around, less of a risk of head injury,

ps a front wheel drive towing a boat, hahahah get ****ed try it, your gonna have fun
    If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 7
    minutes, a large pigeon with a wicked case of diahorrea will land on your
    head at 6 :00PM (EST) this afternoon. I know this will occur because it
    actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbour's ex-mother-in-law's
    second husband's cousin's beautician.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oneightoo Click here to enlarge
    i'm 194cm and 6'4" and i dont have that much room in the back of an astra.. my head sits on the roof..
    So I have 4 cm to spare at 6"2.

I can't say that I have had that much headroom in the back of many (much bigger) cars than the Astra, mine usually hits.

digifish
    Petrol is for the weak
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by low astra Click here to enlarge
    ps a front wheel drive towing a boat, hahahah get ****ed try it, your gonna have fun
    It happens all the time. You need to get out more. Infact a test was done by one of the motoring mags and the FWD magna did better than the RWD falcon.

digifish
    Petrol is for the weak
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oneightoo Click here to enlarge
    your head sits on the roof? hang on let me try to get my head round that for a minute Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dieselhead Click here to enlarge
    well, mine does 2,200 rpm at 120 km/h. would you agree that's hardly revving its head of. Click here to enlarge moreover, at that speed, on cruise in 6th, on a flat road, it averages 4.7 l/100km.

I would add one more thing: cars like Astra and the Golf, with Diesel engines, are have proved themselves as reliable, solid cars, with huge sales numbers and high resale value not only here but all over the world. The VE Commodore, launched only last year, has a long, long way to go...
    Its relative, @ 2200 that 50% of your revs. I love the cdti, but comon, its not the be all and end all that digfish makes out.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wrong RudeOne. The rev limiter is at 5,000 rpm. 2,000 rpm is where the turbine starts to work. To understand how this engine pulls between 2,000-4,000 rpm just test drive one.
    I wouldn't say the CDTi is the pinnacle of motoring, but you have to agree is ages ahead anything else available from Holden. Many experts said is one of the best engines in its class, too.
    Renault SPORT Clio RS 200 Cup Trophee

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would ask the Commodore supporters one question: if it is as good as you say, why isn't iGM selling it worldwide? Is it because is too "specialized", too adapted to Oz conditions and wouldn't work anywhere else? Click here to enlarge

Someone said that, unlike an Astra, the Commodore can carry 5 adults in comfort... That's true, but only if one of the passengers has no legs, ha ha!
    C'mon guys, we all know this sort of car is endangered species...
    GM does sell the Commodore in most places around the world. Europe's an exception due to small to medium cars being traditionally the go there. But even Opel are looking at the VE as a possibility...
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrong RudeOne. The rev limiter is at 5,000 rpm. 2,000 rpm is where the turbine starts to work. To understand how this engine pulls between 2,000-4,000 rpm just test drive one.
    I wouldn't say the CDTi is the pinnacle of motoring, but you have to agree is ages ahead anything else available from Holden. Many experts said is one of the best engines in its class, too.
    My apologies, yes it is a good engine and most of us love the CDTI astra, but digfish completely wrote off the commodore, and im not a huge commodore fan , but it has a purpose in the market place for now. digfish made a very bold statement "... what a BIG DUMB BUS! Click here to enlarge "which is comment with no value or merit and this is not the first time its happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It happens all the time. You need to get out more. Infact a test was done by one of the motoring mags and the FWD magna did better than the RWD falcon.

digifish
    honestly dude your a tool, and you need to get out more, you are really grasping at straws to try to win a argument you already lost, just forget about it sombody lock the thread otherwise digfish is just goin to end up looking more stupid then he already does
    If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 7
    minutes, a large pigeon with a wicked case of diahorrea will land on your
    head at 6 :00PM (EST) this afternoon. I know this will occur because it
    actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbour's ex-mother-in-law's
    second husband's cousin's beautician.

Thread Information