Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    Quality problems such as "the leather isn't what it used to be" not the ones of likes "my water pump ****ed up".

Click here to enlarge
    LOL the old "leathers not leather" issue. MB have always had MB TEX (or similar) in the range. My parents 1970 250 compact came with MB TEX as standard. THat stuff can withstand a nuclear war!

BMW sell 3 series in the USA with standard "leatherette". Artificial leather Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    LOL the old "leathers not leather" issue. MB have always had MB TEX (or similar) in the range. My parents 1970 250 compact came with MB TEX as standard. THat stuff can withstand a nuclear war!

BMW sell 3 series in the USA with standard "leatherette". Artificial leather Click here to enlarge
    what does the sri-t have?? is it that fake leather?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    no, i don't believe so
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno about the AH, but the TS SriT has some of the thickest and best quality leather i have seen in a car....mate of mines subaru libert feels like the leather is wafer thin, and a freind of mine with an Accord thats the same age as my car, the leather in that look heaps more worn than mine. Next door neighbor's lexus has nice leather, but still doesnt feel as thick.
    Subaru MY08 STi - Alpine white :whistle:
    Hammond to Clarkson: "if the STi is faster your gonna look like such a knob!"

209kw at all 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blueraven Click here to enlarge
    Dunno about the AH, but the TS SriT has some of the thickest and best quality leather i have seen in a car....mate of mines subaru libert feels like the leather is wafer thin, and a freind of mine with an Accord thats the same age as my car, the leather in that look heaps more worn than mine. Next door neighbor's lexus has nice leather, but still doesnt feel as thick.
    does yours have grainy or smooth leather? I can recall someone telling me that the 04 build models have different leather than the 03 build ones?

mine is also very nice and strong, and because I have conditioned it every friday Click here to enlarge since I have bought the car it still looks like new Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    The japanese seem to do this as well. Not fixing faults until a complete model refresh. MX5s had niggly problems that were present during the entire NA/NB run! In fact you could say the last of the NBs (2001-) had the most faults of any.
    Mercedies had faults that ran from new model to new model. During my time, power windows were a problem. They told me they were failing in the late 1970s, and still failing with the same fault in the late 1980s. When they were shipped, the distributors used to re-assemble the interior. Movement on the boat would cause the interior panels to pop out.

The big things with Mercs were okay: the bodies were strong and rugged, the engines long-lasting, the handling well-sorted.

MB-tex was brown vinyl, and they haven't used it in years! It was rugged, but very unpleasant to sit on because it didn't breathe.

I am quite impressed by the leather on my SRi's seats, it is thick and looks like it will last well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cbrmale Click here to enlarge
    I am quite impressed by the leather on my SRi's seats, it is thick and looks like it will last well.
    do you have a G or an H?
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    leather on ths H is quite thick indeed...and feels strong!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    leather on ths H is quite thick indeed...and feels strong!
    Maybe it's because the seats are so hard lol?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seats on most Opels, new and old, standard and sports are Recaros - that may have something to do with it Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information