Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL - what a hilarious thread! Especially how its become ANOTHER "diesel is the be all and end all thread" - like we haven't seen enough of them Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

As for the Commo, Dad is getting his VE Calais on Friday so am hanging out to see what it is like. Have already driven my mates VE GTS and it was brilliant.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    LOL - what a hilarious thread! Especially how its become ANOTHER "diesel is the be all and end all thread" - like we haven't seen enough of them Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

As for the Commo, Dad is getting his VE Calais on Friday so am hanging out to see what it is like. Have already driven my mates VE GTS and it was brilliant.

GTS would be heaps better than the calais right?

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    GTS would be heaps better than the calais right?
    it depends what you want in a car mate...
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    it depends what you want in a car mate...
    power, comfort, looks..which the HSV would have more than a calais...nevertheless, the calais is still a nice car.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by digifish Click here to enlarge
    It happens all the time. You need to get out more. Infact a test was done by one of the motoring mags and the FWD magna did better than the RWD falcon.

digifish
    ok, i have a LOT of experience with this..

i've been waterskiing for many many years now.. originally the car that put the boat in the water was a nissan pulsar, it's only been the last 5 years that a falcon has been doing it..

and trust me, i know which i prefer doing it in, and it aint the little pulsar.....
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden Click here to enlarge
    This is more my type...

Click here to enlarge
    amen to that Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ford Mondeo... can people go and research how much one of those things weighs. I think you will be surprised. And not in a good way Click here to enlarge

The top range model isn't all that much lighter than the old VZ commodore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oneightoo Click here to enlarge
    ok, i have a LOT of experience with this..
    This was raised as something front wheel drive cars can't do. It's not true. Also was raised as a reason to own a big dumb bus. Problem is on the way to work today I counted 48 commodores, 5 had tow bars.

digifish
    Petrol is for the weak
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Towing is not only dependent on the drivetrain configuration but also vehicle mass.

Some cars simply do not have the towing capacity no matter the power/torque output of the engine.

For instance. No Astra model can tow more than 1300kg. And thats with a trailer with brakes. It dips to 600kg for an unbraked trailer.

Whereas a Commodore pushes this to 2100kg. That leaves you with a much larger safety margin when towing.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've more or less grown up with a Commodore in my family. My parents had a VR, VT, VY then VZ. All suited the purpose of being big enough for a family of five including three boys and comfortably towing a 17ft caravan. They were fairly safe, fairly reliable and parts weren't that expensive. Like most families, it suited our purpose at the time. Got to say though, the Commodore phase is over as we now have a 3.0L Liberty Spec B and I have the Astra Turbo. Mum has commented on the fact that she just couldn't back to a Commodore now...

Thread Information