Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    Not really. No more than the normal GTR. The wheels look oddly old fashioned and "small"

I very much doubt if the V-Spec will have substantially more power than the normal GTR.

There are current dyno figures for the GTR that debunk the "hidden" power theory. Apparently the power figures are quite close to the factory supplied figures. Though the official Nm figure is lower than actual.

I think I posted this before.
    http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...est/index.html

Click here to enlarge
    I have to say I agree with you about the looks of the V-Spec, I actually prefer the looks of the base model...IMHO the wheels and rear exhausts on the base model are far more pleasing to the eyes, but of course the V-Spec has a much clearer and more focused intention, definitely function over form with all things different to the base model R35.

What impresses me most with the many private owners dyno graphs I've seen to date on the base model R35 is the very minimal loss of engine power at the wheels, on average only 12-15%, which is an amazing figure for an AWD vehicle...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest from the GT-R Blog - I know this has been already discussed on previous pages, but reading it over again and looking at the pics gave me a boner that won't go down Click here to enlarge aaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh Click here to enlarge

Twin supercharger kits ready made to install on the R35 GT-R's turning it into a twin turbosupercharged orbital ballistic missile with up to over 515kw and God knows how much torque at only 4,000rpm....holy crap what an absolute thrill of an experience to drive that would be...at about 20k $AUD for the top spec kit, I think we'll see a few GT-R's here with it Click here to enlarge

Check it out on the link, scroll down to ' Power Enterprise 4 Charger GT-R'

http://www.gtrblog.com/
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    What impresses me most with the many private owners dyno graphs I've seen to date on the base model R35 is the very minimal loss of engine power at the wheels, on average only 12-15%, which is an amazing figure for an AWD vehicle...
    If you look at the graph the "drag" plot (pink) is the driveline loss. Its dependent on the rpm of the engine it seems. The higher the revs the greater the parasitic losses.

From the graph, at max revs the losses amount to close to 100hp - close to 20%.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look at the graph the "drag" plot (pink) is the driveline loss. Its dependent on the rpm of the engine it seems. The higher the revs the greater the parasitic losses.

From the graph, at max revs the losses amount to close to 100hp - close to 20%.
    Yes, but it depends on the graph, most I've seen are 15% max. and one had a loss of only 10%, dynoed on the same day and same conditions and same dyno as 2 others...the other 2 couldn't come close to putting down the same numbers Click here to enlarge

It has been said and written that because the engines/drivetrains are individually made/assembled, there is a noticeable variance in power/torque output from vehicle to vehicle, could be that some are as high as 20% loss, non that I've seen however from hundreds of dyno runs on 3 GT-R forums from all over the World, think from memory the highest I've seen was an 18% loss.

The GT-R imported and modded by Haltech in Sydney was dynoed at peak of 313kw atw when stock and new as I recall, that's a loss of only 11.33% - they should actually dyno higher power putputs as they wear in after 10 or 20,000km's Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The GT-R imported and modded by Haltech in Sydney was dynoed at peak of 313kw atw when stock and new as I recall, that's a loss of only 11.33% - they should actually dyno higher power putputs as they wear in after 10 or 20,000km's
    Isn't that the one that blew up Click here to enlarge Doesn't a GTR have closer to 370kW? That would make the loss closer to 16%.

Think for a minute.... the parasitic losses (expressed as a kW figure) will be the same whether the car produced 300kw at 6000rpm or has been boosted to 400kw at 6000rpm. But, if you represent the losses as a percentage then it makes no sense what so ever.

So, from now on we shall not think of drivetrain losses in terms of a percentage Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't that the one that blew up Click here to enlarge Doesn't a GTR have closer to 370kW? That would make the loss closer to 16%.

Think for a minute.... the parasitic losses (expressed as a kW figure) will be the same whether the car produced 300kw at 6000rpm or has been boosted to 400kw at 6000rpm. But, if you represent the losses as a percentage then it makes no sense what so ever.

So, from now on we shall not think of drivetrain losses in terms of a percentage Click here to enlarge
    Blew up ??? I don't know ??? news to me Click here to enlarge

Have Haltech done something awefully wrong with the ecu on their car ???

AFAIK all released info states 353kw power at the engine or 480bhp, it's always been that figure...

I do follow/understand your last paragraph and last line above...but percentages do have a very useful relevance if your comparing driveline efficiencies between different vehicles (which was my main point at the beginning of all of this) ie: most AWD vehicles will have around or over a 20% loss of power atw, whereas the R35 is on average nearly have that, as said before amazing result for a vehicle with AWD Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Latest from the GT-R Blog - I know this has been already discussed on previous pages, but reading it over again and looking at the pics gave me a boner that won't go down Click here to enlarge aaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh Click here to enlarge

Twin supercharger kits ready made to install on the R35 GT-R's turning it into a twin turbosupercharged orbital ballistic missile with up to over 515kw and God knows how much torque at only 4,000rpm....holy crap what an absolute thrill of an experience to drive that would be...at about 20k $AUD for the top spec kit, I think we'll see a few GT-R's here with it Click here to enlarge

Check it out on the link, scroll down to ' Power Enterprise 4 Charger GT-R'

http://www.gtrblog.com/

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge i want one!
    WAS: 03' Holden Astra SriT - 172.7kw/ATW 03-08:

MY10 Subaru Forester XTP 09-12 - SOLD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aza28 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge i want one!
    Me too and everybody else as well I reckon, even Porker owners and all the other haters deep down wish they could love and have an R35 like that LOL Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard rumours that it blew up at EC raceway. Apparently a oil pressure sender was not installed correctly and the engine lost oil and went bang. They needed a new crate engine for the thing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard rumours that it blew up at EC raceway. Apparently a oil pressure sender was not installed correctly and the engine lost oil and went bang. They needed a new crate engine for the thing.
    Ah, I see missed that one probably not noted on the GT-RBlog ??

Suppose that's what you get when you mess around with something complex and don't put it back together properly...

Were there any eye opening times recorded before that happened ??
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information