Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: iPod & Astra

  1. #11
    OpelAus Enthusiast entice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sometimes..even I don't know where I am...
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so where did everyone find out the details of the AH8?
    More opportunities have been lost from indecision, rather than wrong decision.
    Current and past Automotive list: 1984 Cordia Turbo, 1997 WRX, 1998 Forester, 1975 124 CC Sport, 1999 MX5, 2003 STi, 2004 TS Convertible, 2006 AH CDX Wagon, 1972 124 BS Spider, 1962 Vespa GL, 1975 124 CS1 Spider, 1974 124 CS Spider, 2007 AH SRI, 2008 AH CDTi, 2008 AH CDX Wagon...as well as 3 more CC Sports, 1 x AC Sport..Now with added new Colorado space cab extended pick-up! 8 still in current possession...I need a larger Garage!

  2. #12
    OpelAus Forum Addict Shaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,511
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gigijord Click here to enlarge
    Yeah - 8.0s have the aux input. 7.5 CDX has the phone input. I think i need to go talk to someone at a Strathfield car radio (or somewhere like that).
    Dont waste your time with Strathfield car Radios. They wouldnt even know what CANBUS is. You are better off talking with Holden and the Blunkupt as they are the ones who know the product. The CANBUS Electronics used in the Astra AH is complex. Strathfield will only suggest to change the head unit to something else with IPOD capablitys. Which can be done but in my mind the is a complete waste considering you will only need a module and the software to be enabled by a holden dealer. Let me do some more investigation and i will come back to you. Its just taking some time at this stage.

    Shaun
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

  3. #13
    OpelAus Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,823
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  4. #14
    OpelAus Forum Addict Shaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,511
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you not read rjastra ?? The CDC40 as well as the CD30runs in conjunction with the CANBUS electronics. And will need a module and software to become ipod compatable. Meaning that its not a simple matter of plug in and play. CANBUS is complexed for a reason.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

  5. #15
    OpelAus Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,823
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun Click here to enlarge
    Do you not read rjastra ?? The CDC40 as well as the CD30runs in conjunction with the CANBUS electronics. And will need a module and software to become ipod compatable. Meaning that its not a simple matter of plug in and play. CANBUS is complexed for a reason.
    Funnily enough I have a Polo with CANBUS and got a MP3 adaptor to work with the stereo quite easily. Click here to enlarge I think you overestimate the complexity of the issue.

  6. #16
    OpelAus Forum Addict Shaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,511
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Angry

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    Funnily enough I have a Polo with CANBUS and got a MP3 adaptor to work with the stereo quite easily. Click here to enlarge I think you overestimate the complexity of the issue.
    Im not over estimating . I have done my research. There are different levels of CANBUS . And in an Astra AH they system is more complex. Hence why 8.0 has the AUX input as the software has been changed and a Module added.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun Click here to enlarge
    Dont waste your time with Strathfield car Radios. They wouldnt even know what CANBUS is.

    Shaun
    I don't know what CANBUS is! :dance:

    I looked in the phone book today to see if there was a phone number to contact Blaupunkt - there isnt (in Melbourne at least). I rang one of the Blaupunkt authorised repairers to see if they could help me hook up my ipod. He said there was a module that you could purchase and then asked if it was an aftermarket stereo system or one from factory. I replied factory. He then said that Blaupunkt would not supply a module for a factory fitted system - only aftermarket systems. I didnt think this was going to be this hard!???!

  8. #18
    OpelAus Enthusiast entice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sometimes..even I don't know where I am...
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    blaupunkt is located across the road from Bosch, in Clayton, Vic. McNaughton Rd

    Try calling Bosch. Blaupunkt was (still is?) a Robert Bosch company....
    More opportunities have been lost from indecision, rather than wrong decision.
    Current and past Automotive list: 1984 Cordia Turbo, 1997 WRX, 1998 Forester, 1975 124 CC Sport, 1999 MX5, 2003 STi, 2004 TS Convertible, 2006 AH CDX Wagon, 1972 124 BS Spider, 1962 Vespa GL, 1975 124 CS1 Spider, 1974 124 CS Spider, 2007 AH SRI, 2008 AH CDTi, 2008 AH CDX Wagon...as well as 3 more CC Sports, 1 x AC Sport..Now with added new Colorado space cab extended pick-up! 8 still in current possession...I need a larger Garage!

  9. #19
    OpelAus Forum Addict Shaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,511
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gigijord Click here to enlarge
    I don't know what CANBUS is! :dance:

    I looked in the phone book today to see if there was a phone number to contact Blaupunkt - there isnt (in Melbourne at least). I rang one of the Blaupunkt authorised repairers to see if they could help me hook up my ipod. He said there was a module that you could purchase and then asked if it was an aftermarket stereo system or one from factory. I replied factory. He then said that Blaupunkt would not supply a module for a factory fitted system - only aftermarket systems. I didnt think this was going to be this hard!???!
    CANBUS is the electroncs used in the AH Astra. Its the Electronics used in the car. Its a complex system that communicate between all modules fitted to the car. .
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK

    Just rang Blaupunkt (finding their number on the net) and they tell me that cannot connect an ipod to ah astra stereo system.

    So I rang Holden Customer Assistance and they tell me that there are standard RCA Jacks in the back of the stereo system. "All I need to do is" take the unit out and connect a cable - one end 3.5mm plug for the ipod/2 x rca plugs. Exactly how easy I suspected it to be!

    Looks like a visit to Holden dealer - they told me it couldnt be done (were they just being lazy - I can't believe noone else has done this before me).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •