Thread: iPod & Astra

Hybrid View

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iPod & Astra

I recently bought an MY7.5 AH Astra CDX and I'm wanting to hook up my ipod to the stereo system. The manual tells me that it is possible to hook up a hands free kit/phone to the stereo system. Do you think it possible to hook up an ipod using this input? What plug at the back of the stereo system would be needed? I have searched the internet for an answer and stumbled across this forum and hope you guys here might have any great ideas.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ChrisR would probably be able to help you with this.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The easiest way to get the ipods sound coming through your car stereo system would be to use an FM Modulator.

It's a little device that plugs into your cigarette lighter and into your ipod - Then you just tune your radio station to the right frequency and voila!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try

www.Connects2.com

FM modulator!!! heaven forbid, a horrid solution

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have sent an email to Blunkupt (Spelling) about this but they havent come back with a response. I believe we deal with them at work so i will be contacting them sometime next week.

From my understanding of it in some cases the buttonson the steering wheel may be able to be reprogramed to work with answering a phone etc. Only thing is as this is a CANBUS System as well it will require Tech 2 to enable them to be used for this function. Which leads to Tech 2 needing the software required. When i find out more ill get back to you.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies.

FM modulator is last resort, until someone says it can't be done or costs you heaps to do.

Shaun - let me know how you go. Though I would be happy with just directly inputting the ipod and using ipod to control music. Steering wheel controls would be cool though (but sounds expensive).

I'll PM ChrisR to ask as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wheel controls would be part of an I pod module. As the software would more then likely have the feature as standard.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue

Sometimes..even I don't know where I am...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for some reason, I thought that the 7.5's did come with an AUX input in teh audio.. Might pay to pull out the audio and take a peek behind...

or was that the ah8's ????
    More opportunities have been lost from indecision, rather than wrong decision.
    Current and past Automotive list: 1984 Cordia Turbo, 1997 WRX, 1998 Forester, 1975 124 CC Sport, 1999 MX5, 2003 STi, 2004 TS Convertible, 2006 AH CDX Wagon, 1972 124 BS Spider, 1962 Vespa GL, 1975 124 CS1 Spider, 1974 124 CS Spider, 2007 AH SRI, 2008 AH CDTi, 2008 AH CDX Wagon...as well as 3 more CC Sports, 1 x AC Sport..Now with added new Colorado space cab extended pick-up! 8 still in current possession...I need a larger Garage!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by entice Click here to enlarge
    for some reason, I thought that the 7.5's did come with an AUX input in teh audio.. Might pay to pull out the audio and take a peek behind...

or was that the ah8's ????
    8.0 come with the AUX Input Jacket.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah - 8.0s have the aux input. 7.5 CDX has the phone input. I think i need to go talk to someone at a Strathfield car radio (or somewhere like that).

Thread Information