Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    Hey Guys,

do you feel like you have enough power in your AH sri-t?? I think I am too used to it as I cant feel the difference between driving this and a normal aspirated car anymore!!

also, do u have a rubber block in the front suspensions? I noticed that the other day???
    I havn't driven, so can't comment on the AH Sri t but sounds like they're slugs compared to the TS Sri t.....even alot of mag reviews have said the same.

I have test driven the VXR and wasn't impressed, so maybe the lower power Sri t does need more guts Click here to enlarge

As far as rubber blocks been left in there, that's disgraceful !! More shame to GMH......

How long have you been driving with them, hopefully no damage has been done, you must have noticed, the ride wasn't normal at all or car sitting a bit high ???
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

she`s still sweet though Click here to enlarge

oh regarding the rubber blocks, they are in the springs!!! on both sides of the front suspension! i tried removing them but they are really tight!! very hard to remove....hm...can anyone check their sri-t please? i dont wana wreck anything...

bloody hell, if they were supposed to be removed prior to delivery, Im gona be so pissed off with Holden...they REALLY SUCK!
    It's a dealer thing mate, it's their responsibility to remove them. And yes they definately have to be removed.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Guys,

do you feel like you have enough power in your sri-t??
    Yes.

(the stock car has very smooth and early boost, which makes them feel slower than they really are.)
    Last edited by blueraven; 16th October 2007 at 02:14 PM.
    Subaru MY08 STi - Alpine white :whistle:
    Hammond to Clarkson: "if the STi is faster your gonna look like such a knob!"

209kw at all 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh, GMH is disgraceful...they should train their stealers to prepare the car properly. Ive been driving with those blocks since new!!! No wonder I couldnt notice any difference in stiffness of suspension when sports mode is on.

Most people wont know about those blocks...unless they are quite technical...

I m gona try remove them myself...im so lazy..cant be bothered getting the jack out...haha...

definitely wont be getting a holden again.

re: power ..i think the car still feels a bit heavy..Click here to enlarge...need a B4 engine in there...
    Last edited by USC; 16th October 2007 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, step on it in 4th and see how it gets from 80 to 120.....quick ey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    even quicker in 3rd..
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oneightoo Click here to enlarge
    even quicker in 3rd..
    4th is an internationally recognised standard Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't comment on the SRi-turbo as I haven't driven one, but I have driven other turbo cars and they generally have a sluggish feel at lower engine revs, with the extra performance becoming noticeable once you wind it up. Turbos have lower compression ratios than normally aspirated engines, so off-boost performance can be quite average.

My own car is a SRi 2.2, which is an interesting combination. The 2.2 is very smooth and very torquey with a sharp top-end if you want to go there. There is no doubt that you have a more powerful engine than a 1.8 under the bonnet. And push the sport button at your peril, 'cause the extra throttle response on top of all that torque can be awkward to manage.

As for the transportation blocks, I am sure that GMH have documented pre-delivery procedures for all Astra models. GMH cannot be held accountable if certain dealerships don't following procedure. Just make sure that the issue is raised with GMH, the new car survey forms are one way to do this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with an sri-t you need to stay between 2.5 -5.5k to keep it in optimum power/torque...
    Subaru MY08 STi - Alpine white :whistle:
    Hammond to Clarkson: "if the STi is faster your gonna look like such a knob!"

209kw at all 4.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree.

If she's stock, torque starts to drop off sharply after 4,500rpm, even with an agressive map, she'll happily rev to 6000rpm, but there's no point as the torque curve is way gone by then.

I've found on mine best and quickest performance is had in the 2500rpm bracket from 2,500 - 5,000rpm, I change all gears at max. 5,000rpm (even 4,500rpm produces good results) and it seems to be the quickest result.

On a heavily modified engine, the optimum rpm band will move up.
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information