Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have enough power?

Hey Guys,

do you feel like you have enough power in your AH sri-t?? I think I am too used to it as I cant feel the difference between driving this and a normal aspirated car anymore!!

also, do u have a rubber block in the front suspensions? I noticed that the other day???
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you've still got the blocks in for transportation that should've been removed on the pre-delivery check.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i never felt there was a HUGE difference in the astra turbo from my calibra.. theres a nsw member who'se turbo was only a nose ahead of my cali at a streetlight grand prix..
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know about the AH Astra SRi-T but I know my Veccy has long enough legs, and is deceptively quick Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    well if u like USC i'll take ur sri-t and u can have the cally Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    Hey Guys,

do you feel like you have enough power in your AH sri-t?? I think I am too used to it as I cant feel the difference between driving this and a normal aspirated car anymore!!

also, do u have a rubber block in the front suspensions? I noticed that the other day???
    Do I feel as though it has enough power? No. With just the normal mode on (not Sport) it does feel more naturally aspirated. Having not owned a turbo car before, it has taken a little getting used to. Even this morning, I was like come on come on, cuz I took a slower corner in third (instead of second) so had to wait for it to come on boost. Sport is better, with more noticeable shove. I also had the dealership i purchased the car from kindly leave a rubber transport block in the front suspension. Ended up taking it to a dealership I didn't like for them to help me get it out. Called first to see if they could help me out, as it was midday on a Saturday. The new car manager said sure, bring it down we'll sort it out. Get it down their and the absolute %@*&heads couldn't help me out at all. So i got all the jack and that out in the carpark of the holden dealer, jacked it all the way up and yanked it out myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the sri have a sports button like the vxr that shortness the accelerator travel? that always makes for an interesting drive Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Poita Click here to enlarge
    well if u like USC i'll take ur sri-t and u can have the cally Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

she`s still sweet though Click here to enlarge

oh regarding the rubber blocks, they are in the springs!!! on both sides of the front suspension! i tried removing them but they are really tight!! very hard to remove....hm...can anyone check their sri-t please? i dont wana wreck anything...

bloody hell, if they were supposed to be removed prior to delivery, Im gona be so pissed off with Holden...they REALLY SUCK!
    Last edited by USC; 16th October 2007 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh, I drive with the sports mode on ALL the timeClick here to enlarge ..with it off, the car is very sluggish....hahaha

dman it! shouldnt they have removed the rubber blocks?? there was a sticker in the glove box when i bought it saying to remove them which I thought the dealer had done!

are they at the top of the springs and have big teeth that just go in between the springs? just wana make sure we are talking about the same thing.
    i might get them to remove them at my next service if they dont come out.

apparently, they did a mechanical check prior to delivery...idiots....

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    yeh, I drive with the sports mode on ALL the timeClick here to enlarge ..with it off, the car is very sluggish....hahaha

dman it! shouldnt they have removed the rubber blocks?? there was a sticker in the glove box when i bought it saying to remove them which I thought the dealer had done!

are they at the top of the springs and have big teeth that just go in between the springs? just wana make sure we are talking about the same thing.
    i might get them to remove them at my next service if they dont come out.

apparently, they did a mechanical check prior to delivery...idiots....
    Yeah it's a black rubber block, maybe 12cms long by about 3cms wide from memory and it sits very snuggly in the spring. If it was me, I wouldn't be driving around with it in. If you are able to jack it up yourself with the kit in the boot, you'll be able to pull it out. Pain i know, but at least it's out.

Thread Information