Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: 08 WRX STi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden Click here to enlarge
    hahaha does it have an STi bonnet scoop as well?
    ummmmm... no just badges
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Geebs Click here to enlarge
    This is hilarious.

We all love our cars. Hey for some they're our pride and joy. Let's be realistic though.

This started out with someone saying that an AH Astra had better handling than a WRX. Click here to enlarge I drive a VXR but still miss the handling of my MY98 Rexxie at times.

Then this started getting out of hand so its turned into an an AH Astra 2.2 is better than a Mazda SP23. FFS PEOPLES!!!! They're both different cars with each their pluses and minuses.

Love ur car but don't dis shit on others or make stupid outrageous comments about how good your car is (or isnt for some people)....

On another note - does a 2.2 SRI Astra have Recaro (or later referred to as 'Recaro sourced') seats???. I thought that only the VXR's have the Recaros, not even the SRI-T (I will stand corrected if im wrong)....

Now, I look up and the topic is 08 WRX STi - let's stick to it!
    :clap:

Finally a post to end the madness - hoping anyways Click here to enlarge

Geebs AFAIK all Opels are fitted with Recaro brand seats, they are just their cheap mass production types not the nicer upper end units like those in the VXR and other sports cars....
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Geebs Click here to enlarge
    Then this started getting out of hand so its turned into an an AH Astra 2.2 is better than a Mazda SP23. FFS PEOPLES!!!! They're both different cars with each their pluses and minuses.

Love ur car but don't dis shit on others or make stupid outrageous comments about how good your car is (or isnt for some people)....

On another note - does a 2.2 SRI Astra have Recaro (or later referred to as 'Recaro sourced') seats???. I thought that only the VXR's have the Recaros, not even the SRI-T (I will stand corrected if im wrong)....
    I don't know where the SP23 comparo came on (other than I mentioned I looked at one but the on-road costs were significantly more than a SRi, so I bought the Astra 'cause I couldn't see the value for the extra cost). Suddenly, it (the Mazda) became the most desirable piece of machinery on the road! For heavens sake the Astra has it's flaws, like all cars built to a price have flaws. They're all compromises, some compromise better in some areas, some in others.

For those who want the maths this is all in May 2007. The SP23 four door was about $31,000, extra for the leather seats, extra for the pack that came with equivalent wheels and tyres to the SRi, RRP was almost $34,000. I went to three Mazda dealers, no discount and less-than-market trade-in valuations. The Astra SRi four-door Hatch RRP $30,000. The Holden dealer gave me a $4,000 off the Astra (they also gave a big discount off my wife's XC Barina a few years ago). Total: almost $8,000 more for a SP23 equivalent to an Astra SRi. I think the Holden dealer inflated my trade-in by about $1000 above market value to get the deal. At the time I half-knew the Astra would be much cheaper, because Commodore sales have slowed to a crawl in Canberra and they'll discount to get volume on other models to make up.

To answer your question, all Astras have Recaro seats. The SRi (2.2 and turbo) have leather-faced upper-range Recaros (identified by the multi-adjustment for driver and front passenger (height, tilt and lumbar for both) as well as the agressive side-bolstering you have to climb over). The VXR has Recaro seats, but different leather facings. I don't know if the VXR has more up-market seats compared to the SRi or not.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Threads going around in circles and WAY off topic.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Thread Information