Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 08 WRX STi

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blueraven Click here to enlarge
    Then what ever springs you have are clearly not much better than stock. The eibachs on mine made a VERY noticable difference.

lowering a cars centre of gravity can make or break the handling, manufacturer's do all sorts of crap to play with it to improve handling, such as aluminium roof on some audi/bmw/evo's to save about ~8kg and lower the c.o.g 0.5cm..they dont do it for no reason.

likewise go too low and it will be worse.
    Agree with the above, both on my Astra convertible and Calibra, the addition of Eibach springs has made a very noticeable difference to handling and on my Calibra, the ride comfort has also improved !!!

Whether you fit a set of good or bad aftermarket springs and or shocks you'll notice a difference one way or the other....I done this to sooo many cars, the same case for all !!!
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blueraven Click here to enlarge
    Story of my life.

[off topic]
    I have travelled the world, lived in many countries, worked in heaps of different roles and experienced things which many people cant believe or comprehend. You would not believe how many times people have called me a lair/idoit when i have told them things i have done in my own experience, or try and instruct them how to do something in a way better than they are...

I am not saying i know everything, far from it, i know jack shit in the grand scheme of things.

I have ended up in a heated argument before with someone who could not be convinced the the sun was bigger than the moon. I have had to argue that the moons gravity causes the tides(they were trying to tell me it was evaporation and then rain filling back up the ocean...)

Seriously...

People with closed minds are the reason we have wars.
    [/off topic]
    [on topic]

New sti is growing on me...
    +1

Last line regarding 'closed or narrow minded' people is so true !

Oh the new Sti is growing on me too Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahahha well well. That was excellent! Cbrmale your a funny one. If you get the oportunity to drive a wrx then please do so. If you are able to give it some stick i assure you it will not give in before you!
    dose for a day

or bov for a lifetime?

i think i know which one i'll choose. Haterz

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Agree with the above, both on my Astra convertible and Calibra, the addition of Eibach springs has made a very noticeable difference to handling and on my Calibra, the ride comfort has also improved !!!

Whether you fit a set of good or bad aftermarket springs and or shocks you'll notice a difference one way or the other....I done this to sooo many cars, the same case for all !!!
    They work well for me on a track or a very smooth road but by fitting them all I have essentially done is shortened the shock travel and intern made the shocks work over time to level out bumps not to mention the change in over all geometry. It looks cool though!
    Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

Sometimes..even I don't know where I am...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not necessarily true...

you've also altered the rebound speed, and cycle.. (not necessarily the damping rate as you retained standard dampers)

this makes a big difference to cornering, slalom, and midcorner nasties...
    More opportunities have been lost from indecision, rather than wrong decision.
    Current and past Automotive list: 1984 Cordia Turbo, 1997 WRX, 1998 Forester, 1975 124 CC Sport, 1999 MX5, 2003 STi, 2004 TS Convertible, 2006 AH CDX Wagon, 1972 124 BS Spider, 1962 Vespa GL, 1975 124 CS1 Spider, 1974 124 CS Spider, 2007 AH SRI, 2008 AH CDTi, 2008 AH CDX Wagon...as well as 3 more CC Sports, 1 x AC Sport..Now with added new Colorado space cab extended pick-up! 8 still in current possession...I need a larger Garage!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by entice Click here to enlarge
    not necessarily true...

you've also altered the rebound speed, and cycle.. (not necessarily the damping rate as you retained standard dampers)

this makes a big difference to cornering, slalom, and midcorner nasties...
    That’s what I was trying to say when I said dampers working overtime ,meaning they are not made for lowering springs, the damping rate is controlled threw the IDS so maybe this is the reason the car handles only marginally better than stock? Coilovers or a matched spring and shock combo (as I have done with my other car) would be the ultimate solution.

Would you say lowering springs alone would positively change the way a car handles overall, or would you say its case specific? I would say they would they would make a more dramatic difference on a car like Pauls 1.4 Barina than say a BMW M3.
    Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

Sometimes..even I don't know where I am...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you have the time, try:

http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets.html

it's an education.
    More opportunities have been lost from indecision, rather than wrong decision.
    Current and past Automotive list: 1984 Cordia Turbo, 1997 WRX, 1998 Forester, 1975 124 CC Sport, 1999 MX5, 2003 STi, 2004 TS Convertible, 2006 AH CDX Wagon, 1972 124 BS Spider, 1962 Vespa GL, 1975 124 CS1 Spider, 1974 124 CS Spider, 2007 AH SRI, 2008 AH CDTi, 2008 AH CDX Wagon...as well as 3 more CC Sports, 1 x AC Sport..Now with added new Colorado space cab extended pick-up! 8 still in current possession...I need a larger Garage!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lampshade Click here to enlarge
    The AH is a good car m8 but your stretching it with a claim like that. (unless you are "The Stig" lol)
    I have just seen this post. I also think to say an AH Astra handles better than a rexxie is ludicrous. I have owned both and based on stock, I think one must have rocks in their head to think the AH is a better handler than a rexxie.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by entice Click here to enlarge
    if you have the time, try:

http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets.html

it's an education.
    Wow that’s heavy! Cheers for the link. Will have a read when I get to work on Monday Click here to enlarge

Quote:
    Originally Posted by btm Click here to enlarge
    i like cake

cake is heaps better than lamb

Cakes good but my lamb is better… but im a lambfanboy haha.
    Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TTEETT Click here to enlarge

Would you say lowering springs alone would positively change the way a car handles overall, or would you say its case specific? I would say they would they would make a more dramatic difference on a car like Pauls 1.4 Barina than say a BMW M3.
    You keep saying lowering springs, i would say there are a few types of spring. Lowering springs as you say, i put in the category 'all show no go'...like king springs..

performance or sport springs may be lower, but lower is not all they do. Spring technology can be alot more high tech than most people think, especially when you start looking at progressive rate springs, hot vs cold wound etc etc.

so i sort of agree with you, but disagree at the same time. Oh and obviously a car that handles well to begin with(m3) wont gain much from a better set of springs, but if they are avg (like a barina) then the difference will be significant....
    Subaru MY08 STi - Alpine white :whistle:
    Hammond to Clarkson: "if the STi is faster your gonna look like such a knob!"

209kw at all 4.

Thread Information