Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: 08 WRX STi

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh, true guys, that's why I said 'unusual' comparo Click here to enlarge

They are 2 totally different cars, but they did give their reasons for pitting these 2 against each other - basically 2 sports cars that cost the same price - in the U.S anyway Click here to enlarge

I've seen quite a few vids of the new Sti, but this is the first that you can really see how quick and nimble this new Sti hatch is at a glance - top driving by the 'pilot' at the wheel I must say Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jeremy Clarkson's review of the STi. Absolutely hilarious!

"There are many ways to tell if someone is a bit thick. You can sit them in a room and ask them to push various bits of plastic into a wooden box. Or you can ask them to describe a cloud. Or you can carefully measure the distance between their eyes, the height of their forehead or the length of their arms.
    But there’s another, easier way of establishing whether someone is two spanners short of a tool box. Just ask them this simple question: “Are you wearing a Subaru rally jacket?” Because if they are, you will need to speak more slowly.
    I’ll let you into a little secret. Each week, when Top Gear is on air, we prepare two scripts. One is a polysyllabic orgy of complex thoughts on the meaning of human happiness. And the other is full of words such as “tits” and “arse”. Choosing which one eventually gets used depends on how many audience members turn up in Subaru Imprezas.
    No, really. If the audience is largely in tweed and Viyella, you can make them laugh with oblique references to Dickens and the iniquities of colonialism in 19th century Calcutta. If it’s a forest of Subaru baseball caps out there, we stick to genitals and spend the day skidding around the studio on banana skins."
    Renault SPORT Clio RS 200 Cup Trophee

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you guys get New Zealand autocar over there but there is a good comparison article in the Feb08 issue between the recently released STI and Evolution 10.
    Worth a read as it’s an Australasian perspective and the cars are tested on Kiwi roads (sealed and unsealed) Click here to enlarge
    Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TTEETT Click here to enlarge
    Not sure if you guys get New Zealand autocar over there but there is a good comparison article in the Feb08 issue between the recently released STI and Evolution 10.
    Worth a read as it’s an Australasian perspective and the cars are tested on Kiwi roads (sealed and unsealed) Click here to enlarge
    Can you get an extract from it and post it up....would be interesting to hear their view Click here to enlarge

DH what did they actually say about the car - we all know it hasn't been the best demographic which purchased these cars in the past Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is no doubt in anyone's mind that the STi is an amazing feat of engineering..but god damn that thing is ugly, i see no way that ANYONE can find that thing attractive.

PS. They shouldv'e raced it against the Roush Mustang, it's far superior to the Shelby POS
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Sometimes..even I don't know where I am...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iI actually like the look of teh New STI.

Didnt like pignose, or bug-eye, but my favourite is still peanut-headlight (came in after bugeye, before pignose).

The most controversial (apar from teh rearwinf on my sti - peanut-headlight) car in teh range for me was always the early ones.. "how dare they have such a large spoiler" is what everyone thought of my MY97 WRX.... and from there they just kept getting bigger.... looking back at the 97, it's the most understated of teh lot, with a tiny bonnet scoop (compared to 03) and spoiler....

how time changes one's perception...
    More opportunities have been lost from indecision, rather than wrong decision.
    Current and past Automotive list: 1984 Cordia Turbo, 1997 WRX, 1998 Forester, 1975 124 CC Sport, 1999 MX5, 2003 STi, 2004 TS Convertible, 2006 AH CDX Wagon, 1972 124 BS Spider, 1962 Vespa GL, 1975 124 CS1 Spider, 1974 124 CS Spider, 2007 AH SRI, 2008 AH CDTi, 2008 AH CDX Wagon...as well as 3 more CC Sports, 1 x AC Sport..Now with added new Colorado space cab extended pick-up! 8 still in current possession...I need a larger Garage!

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Peanut Headlight FTW...Click here to enlarge
    But for styling....You can't go past an 07 STi tuned liberty...*drools*
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen a red one the other day. looks nice.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by diesel110 Click here to enlarge
    There is no doubt in anyone's mind that the STi is an amazing feat of engineering..but god damn that thing is ugly, i see no way that ANYONE can find that thing attractive.

PS. They shouldv'e raced it against the Roush Mustang, it's far superior to the Shelby POS
    Thanks, I just knew he couldn't adversely criticise the performance prowess of the new Sti Click here to enlarge

As for looks, again it's always a case of each to their own, I like the look of the new Sti, the new Evo is much better though Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by entice Click here to enlarge
    iI actually like the look of teh New STI.
    I'm with you on that one Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information