Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wrx

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    Of course the question to be asked is how you get those hypothetical 400kw (and 500Nm+) to the ground through the front wheels Click here to enlarge
    Just say "she'll be right".
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL yes with that kind of power, (400kw) I think you'd want/prefer AWD or RWD would be loads of fun Click here to enlarge

Here's another 08 Sti pic....I hope they fit the rear view mirror side repeaters, very cool.

Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blueraven Click here to enlarge
    Um..because you keep bringing up the fact that you can mod the wrx more than the mps? no one will argue that. But stock vs stock, the winner is pretty clear to me.(the argument should only EVER be stock vs stock, becuase with enough money i could make a 1000hp AWD suzuki swift, and then argue that a swift is better than a porsche gt3 etc...)
    lol! rasta doesnt seem to know what hes even said!but ya true should only ever be stock for stock when comparing
    Click here to enlarge

FG F6 310 + Peri Peri = 406kw & 890Nm atw
    1/4 mile 11.7 @ 119 mph on factory 19" Dunlops 10/08/11 WSID

Brisbane QLD Drives:'07 Mazda 3 MPS Colour:Aurora Blue
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    Of course the question to be asked is how you get those hypothetical 400kw (and 500Nm+) to the ground through the front wheels Click here to enlarge
    Hey i totally agree...its hard enough putting 190Kw <about 164Kw atfw> to the ground and mazda has already limited 1st and 2nd gears....but the question wasnt how you put it to the ground...it was how much power you can get outta a engine/car....and that really depends on like i said..how much $$$$ you wanna spend.

Oh if mazda made a MPS 3 sedan...i would have had one too...but a hatch isnt that bad...im learning to live with it.

From what hype around....the new M3 range will be a huge step forward as Mazda roll out the Zoom Zoom project on all new models...with the M6 being the first cab of the rank.

A 3.5L V6 will put Mazda and the M6 in with the big boys and make take some market share...which is what subaru are doing...trying a new market for more share of the pie.

Anyways...enough of this.....whether you like the new WRX or not....its here to stay and ppl will still buy it...i have already seen a few on the road already.

Happy Motoring.
    DUG74
    Wheels For Awareness
    Supporting The Australian Cancer Research Foundation

Click here to enlarge
    |

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dug74 Click here to enlarge

A 3.5L V6 will put Mazda and the M6 in with the big boys and make take some market share...which is what subaru are doing...trying a new market for more share of the pie.

Anyways...enough of this.....whether you like the new WRX or not....its here to stay and ppl will still buy it...i have already seen a few on the road already.

Happy Motoring.
    DUG74
    I hope your right, the 6 could definitely use a 3.5ltr V6 - reports I've read say, it'll continue to be a 4 potter only - it's the same Duratec V6 engine that's going to be used in the new Ford Falcon, yeh ???

As for the new rexs on the road, are they mules or actual production cars ??? I thought the new rex models were going on sale next year Click here to enlarge

The new Sti certainly looks good IMO but what it lacks in the looks department, it'll make up for with hi performance - latest info still has it at 225kw and 430nm (like the Evos these figures are usually much higher in reality) with a weight of 1490kg (less than the current model) and capable of 0-100km/h in 4.6sec. yummie stuff Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A white wrx pulled into my work yesterday. it really does look better in the flesh(metal)
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a WRX vs GOLF test in todays MOTOR.
    Paraphrase

Little turbo lag, smooth engine, no aural excitement. Interior roomy but downmarket. Seats are underwhelming. Not enough adjustability in seating position. Quiet comfortable suspension that soaks up just about any surface.
    Very adjustable suspension. Lots of grip and body control. A little understeer on exiting corners under full power. Only a 5 speed gearbox that means high revs when cruising.

Takes it to another level when FWD hot hatches have reached their limit.
    Very competent hot hatch that's too bland to look at or sit in.

Golf Gti: Engine sounds good compared to WRX's silence. Firmer suspension settings and slightly more road noise. Interior detailing and layout much better than Subaru. Seats excellent. Performance is similar to the WRX in real life. Handling can't match the WRX at the limit or in adverse conditions. Much more desireable than WRX.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds about right as Subaru have purposely 'softened' the new wrx, I'm surprised the Golf has more road noise ?? it should be the quieter of the 2...

I too would prefer a Golf Gti over the standard new wrx, but the Sti should be a totally different story, looking forward to seeing how it does when it's released Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Sometimes..even I don't know where I am...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmm sti...

I for one think its a shame that they are on the 2.5L engine.. from my experience there is far more tractabnility from a fully forged 2.0L engine, and the 2.0 is a far more revhappy engine.. power and "tractability" in the 2.0L from what I have seen personally is far better in teh 2.0 JDM motor, c.f 2.5L. Perhaps that's also due to development time.. and also a bias of my own, due to my own experience. Also, I am led to understand that the tuning potential of teh 2.0 is greater than the 2.5. perhaps that also is due to time on the market, market spread, and development.

in my eyes, there is no comaprison between sti and MPS...

sorry, but the STI is a track weapon, ready for track ferom the showroom floor. I doubt that the MPS drivetrain can sustain the same punishment as the sti, again, from my own experience with the 2.0L. the engines (post initial rollout that were 100ron tuned) and gearboxes/ 3 diffs are relatively bulletproof...

oh, and then there are the brakes.... I havent researched, but what rotor/caliper/pad combo does teh MPS run?
    Last edited by entice; 12th September 2007 at 12:54 PM.
    More opportunities have been lost from indecision, rather than wrong decision.
    Current and past Automotive list: 1984 Cordia Turbo, 1997 WRX, 1998 Forester, 1975 124 CC Sport, 1999 MX5, 2003 STi, 2004 TS Convertible, 2006 AH CDX Wagon, 1972 124 BS Spider, 1962 Vespa GL, 1975 124 CS1 Spider, 1974 124 CS Spider, 2007 AH SRI, 2008 AH CDTi, 2008 AH CDX Wagon...as well as 3 more CC Sports, 1 x AC Sport..Now with added new Colorado space cab extended pick-up! 8 still in current possession...I need a larger Garage!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun Click here to enlarge
    I support the above post.. Bornwild Please do explain why the boxer engine is shit?

Porsche have used a flat engine for many years. cant be all that bad of an arrangement can it now.
    Wherever did I say that Boxer engines are shit?!

Thread Information