Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wrx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK some more pics of the new STI.....apparantly this 'IS' what it will look like

IMHO except for the chrome tail lights (you'd be able to change em with aftermarkets before long for sure) it looks very nice - I like the side on profile and the quad exhaust set up.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    almost looks a bit BMW 1 series-ish...
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that looks a LITTLE better. Wheels seem oversized, going from what they were like on previous versions. I think that's what i like about that pic, that the wheels make it look more purposeful. Even these brand new Rexey ones look a little anorexic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question.... are Saab and Subaru model sharing still? Just think this looks very Saabish.... and maybe that's why it styling is what it is Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know about that one Thomas ??

Right from the beginning, this new rex hatch had a strong BMW 1 series and Mazda 3 hatch look about it........

Oh well, there it is, the Hottest of the Hot hatches Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aren't we suppose to get the sedans in by late 08 as well? i tot i read somwhere before...
    -ynwa-

Brisbane QLD Drives:'07 Mazda 3 MPS Colour:Aurora Blue
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well after reading a few pages...i can understand that some ppl need to do research..

The boxer engine is an awesome engine...the only downside..it will be fazed out in 2010..due to emissions.

The reason the performance is lower than what you think it should be is related to fuel economy and emission levels.<also a new segment of ppl to buy the car>

Stock Vs Stock....im sorry...the MPS is the winner...it has good points it has bad points...so does the VXR, XR5 and GTI...so this debate can go on for hours and hours....choose what you like...if the scooby does it for you...BUY ONE.

I personally have never liked WRX...but who am i to judge...but i hope subaru do something great with the STi...as the normal range is not very appealing and it isnt really a hot hatch...more a kia rio on roids.

Should the MPS be put up against the Evo and STi becoz its the top of the range mazda....Hmmm NO..totally different market, price and buyer.
    Also...the MPS aint bad for $20K less and still can keep its own with the big boys..if some of you actually went to the STi forums...you might understand that the scooby boys have great respect for the MPS and what mazda has achieved. <it can only get better>

MPS owners are growing very quickly becoz its been proven to be a great BFYB hot hatch, which in turn has brought support from overseas for mods. As it grows, like WRX did in the early days...more things will become available.

As for your, i can get 300Kw outta a STi.....you can get 400Kw outta a MPS with a simple change of turbo <garret>, FMIC, and a xede chip and zorst. Its amazing what you can do with $$$.

I have driven a new WRX the other day...and although i didnt like them from looks etc...they aint that bad to drive...the interior is more classy and not made of cheap korean plastics. It goes along well and can have great potential like all the previous models should anyone want to mod it.

In closing....ppl need to remember what the car was made for, who they intended to sell it to <market> and will it make a profit. Isnt that what holden did when it ripped all the euro cars out and replaced them with cheap korean imports.

Happy Motoring.
    DUG74
    Wheels For Awareness
    Supporting The Australian Cancer Research Foundation

Click here to enlarge
    |

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skulless Click here to enlarge
    aren't we suppose to get the sedans in by late 08 as well? i tot i read somwhere before...
    As far as I know, Australia will not get the new Wrx sedan, apparently it's destined for the JDM and U.S markets only...

However time will tell, we'll know for sure eventually Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Wraith; 11th September 2007 at 08:59 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dug74 Click here to enlarge
    Well after reading a few pages...i can understand that some ppl need to do research..

The boxer engine is an awesome engine...the only downside..it will be fazed out in 2010..due to emissions.

The reason the performance is lower than what you think it should be is related to fuel economy and emission levels.<also a new segment of ppl to buy the car>

Stock Vs Stock....im sorry...the MPS is the winner...it has good points it has bad points...so does the VXR, XR5 and GTI...so this debate can go on for hours and hours....choose what you like...if the scooby does it for you...BUY ONE.

I personally have never liked WRX...but who am i to judge...but i hope subaru do something great with the STi...as the normal range is not very appealing and it isnt really a hot hatch...more a kia rio on roids.

Should the MPS be put up against the Evo and STi becoz its the top of the range mazda....Hmmm NO..totally different market, price and buyer.
    Also...the MPS aint bad for $20K less and still can keep its own with the big boys..if some of you actually went to the STi forums...you might understand that the scooby boys have great respect for the MPS and what mazda has achieved. <it can only get better>

MPS owners are growing very quickly becoz its been proven to be a great BFYB hot hatch, which in turn has brought support from overseas for mods. As it grows, like WRX did in the early days...more things will become available.

As for your, i can get 300Kw outta a STi.....you can get 400Kw outta a MPS with a simple change of turbo <garret>, FMIC, and a xede chip and zorst. Its amazing what you can do with $$$.

I have driven a new WRX the other day...and although i didnt like them from looks etc...they aint that bad to drive...the interior is more classy and not made of cheap korean plastics. It goes along well and can have great potential like all the previous models should anyone want to mod it.

In closing....ppl need to remember what the car was made for, who they intended to sell it to <market> and will it make a profit. Isnt that what holden did when it ripped all the euro cars out and replaced them with cheap korean imports.

Happy Motoring.
    DUG74
    All good and valid points there Dug Click here to enlarge

I think you for one know that had Mazda made an MPS 3 sedan, I'd own one right now Click here to enlarge

I'm looking forward to the new Mazda 3 line up for '09, if it's as good a new model as the Mazda 6, it'll be a definite winner !!!

Hopefully we'll see MPS 3 hatch and sedan models....
    Last edited by Wraith; 11th September 2007 at 09:01 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can get 400Kw outta a MPS with a simple change of turbo <garret>, FMIC, and a xede chip and zorst. Its amazing what you can do with $$$.
    Of course the question to be asked is how you get those hypothetical 400kw (and 500Nm+) to the ground through the front wheels Click here to enlarge

Thread Information