Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wrx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blueraven Click here to enlarge
    exactly... at the 400m mark the wrx travelling more than 5mph slower than the mazda...and thats ALOT.

but it should..the mazda has alot more power..
    and iv seen a few on you tube where the mps flys past the wrx on the 400m mark. you take that to the 800m & 1km mark the mps is gooooonnnnnneeClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

FG F6 310 + Peri Peri = 406kw & 890Nm atw
    1/4 mile 11.7 @ 119 mph on factory 19" Dunlops 10/08/11 WSID

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i suppose we should probably reserve comment until the STi is released.
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i still think the old rex is alot nicer, power wise, isn't the mps should be made comparable to the sti, being the top of the range for it's series?

out of topic, i don't like the looks of the 08 evo either
    -ynwa-

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    The power figures are too low for an engine that size and force-fed. Especially peak torque kicking in at a high 2800rpm....I mean come on...turbo charged 2.5L....give me peak torque at 1900rpm all the way through 4000rpm and I'll be impressed.
    Do you even know what your talking about ? Go and drive one . The 2.5 has a lot of Petental .

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    Exactly what I was saying. That engine in the wrx is shit. No fanboyism here please...it's just factually shit.

Go and drive the ****ing thing before passing judgement .. because you clearly havent driven one.

To everyone else:
    as for the STi version i cant wait to see what they do with it. If the rally concept is anything to go by then i think Subaru will have a waiting list. The new WRX is conservitive compared to earlier models. But they are trying to change there image. when you look at the liberty against the Imprezza range you can see why they have changed the focus. It dosesnt matter. The car may not appeal to those who bought them in the past but they will appeal to a new market. A market that will open more doors for Subaru.
    Last edited by Shaun; 10th September 2007 at 12:27 AM.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun Click here to enlarge
    Do you even know what your talking about ? Go and drive one . The 2.5 has a lot of Petental .

Go and drive the ****ing thing before passing judgement .. because you clearly havent driven one.

To everyone else:
    as for the STi version i cant wait to see what they do with it. If the rally concept is anything to go by then i think Subaru will have a waiting list. The new WRX is conservitive compared to earlier models. But they are trying to change there image. when you look at the liberty against the Imprezza range you can see why they have changed the focus. It dosesnt matter. The car may not appeal to those who bought them in the past but they will appeal to a new market. A market that will open more doors for Subaru.
    Finally somebody that talks sense:clap::clap::clap:
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SIMid Click here to enlarge
    I'll have this version anyday.

Click here to enlarge
    That's what I'm talking about too Click here to enlarge

This new Sti is the 1st rex I've ever liked the look of and if the production model looks like the pic above and it's priced similar to the outgoing model, I may very well own one as my next everyday ride Click here to enlarge

Released figures on the car ATM have it at 225kw and 430nm stock - 0-100km/h in under 5 sec, good enough for me and we al know the tuning potential of these Click here to enlarge

I still prefer the new Evo with SST, but at a rumoured 75-80k on road, the 'lesser' Sti might do the trick....
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing going for the MPS3 is straight line speed. You can see it in road tests now that the power aura of the MPS3 is slowly tarnishing. One dimensional perhaps? And it is as bland looking as the new WRX.

The WRX is actually giving you everything the MPS3 LUX has PLUS AWD for LESS money. And the tuning potential for the engine and chassis far far outstrip anything available for the MPS3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    The only thing going for the MPS3 is straight line speed. You can see it in road tests now that the power aura of the MPS3 is slowly tarnishing. One dimensional perhaps? And it is as bland looking as the new WRX.

The WRX is actually giving you everything the MPS3 LUX has PLUS AWD for LESS money. And the tuning potential for the engine and chassis far far outstrip anything available for the MPS3.
    UM.. the MPS out handled the new wrx(see the reviews)..and has a better interior...and has been around for a few years(which means the wrx has a few years development to be better, which it isnt)...and if you look around it also has some serious tuning potential (seen one with 240kw at the wheels with a remap/exhaust/intake mods only, i know plenty of wrx's are higher, but if you are making custom manifolds and buying bigger turbo's there is no reason why you cant do that to the mps). The less money is only slightly less, and i would expect to pay more for the MPS, more power, better interior etc etc...

so i say again, the ONLY thing the wrx has going for it over its competition is awd.

Bring on the sti. i hope it looks more like the cgi i posted.
    Subaru MY08 STi - Alpine white :whistle:
    Hammond to Clarkson: "if the STi is faster your gonna look like such a knob!"

209kw at all 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only thing i hope the manufacturer's take notice of is the price.

Main reason they are flogging soooo many evo 9's is that it came in just under the Luxury car tax threshold. Lets hope they do the same with the evo X and sti Click here to enlarge (i seriously, seriously doubt it tho Click here to enlarge )
    Subaru MY08 STi - Alpine white :whistle:
    Hammond to Clarkson: "if the STi is faster your gonna look like such a knob!"

209kw at all 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yeah, the only thing the rex has going for it these days is AWD. Subaru is stuck in the days of Colin Mcrae glory too much.
    Last edited by MatsHolden; 10th September 2007 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Inappropriate language

Thread Information