Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wrx

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge

Interesting now with this new Wrx as to how it'll affect MPS 3 sales ??? it's cheaper, looks very similar from some angles and definitely is the better sports car, especially considering the upgrade potential it has and of course the AWD advantage.

IMHO I think it'll definitely take some sales away from the MPS 3.....
    WHeels has a test of the WRX vs a Commodore SS (strange but true). They agree that the WRX has become softer. A bit too soft it seems. Squishy suspension (too little rebound) and below average steering feel. The engine now has a very linear power delivery. Can barely detect the old wrx warble.

Interestingly, the WRX only used 10% less fuel over the test than the 6L SS commodore!

Best to wait to see what a modded one is like.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    WHeels has a test of the WRX vs a Commodore SS (strange but true). They agree that the WRX has become softer. A bit too soft it seems. Squishy suspension (too little rebound) and below average steering feel. The engine now has a very linear power delivery. Can barely detect the old wrx warble.

Interestingly, the WRX only used 10% less fuel over the test than the 6L SS commodore!

Best to wait to see what a modded one is like.
    Yes true, if desired all the above can be fixed up/changed with mods, but Subaru did intensionally make the car that way, it'll now appeal to a much broader, older and mature buying market, not just the young street clowns err hoons err boy racers of the past Click here to enlarge

I'm not surprised about the fuel consumption, I've stated it lots of times here, having owned both 4 pot turbos and heaps of V8''s (including an LS1 powered HSV) the fuel burn on the large V8's is not as bad as people might think !

If you measure it in specific terms, the four pot turbos are absolute guzzlers in comparison to newer large displacement V8's even without DOD....

I have a good friend with an MPS 3 and the average fuel consumption on that car is very similar to what my 1720kg 250kw Auto 5.7ltr LS1 V8 consumed !
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you measure it in specific terms, the four pot turbos are absolute guzzlers in comparison to newer large displacement V8's even without DOD....
    Completely agree. With a light right foot, they are fair, but the minute you start pushing hard, consumption is f*cking disgusting for a 4pot.

Shut up all the diesel people.... Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my foz gt isnt to bad on consumtion. bout 10.5l/100 around town. not bad seein the size and power. good thing is that once tuned they are more fuel efficient. tax reture has come back so now im doin exhaust, brakes, and gettin a verso tune to run 16psi. cant wait.

the new wrx is not nearly what it used to be. which has upsides but also alot of down sides. loss of 4 pot brakes is dissapointing, even tho the sliding 2 pots are very very good due to the bigger disks. also going for the abs manifold has helped in smoother intakes but cant handle the same amounts of boost. also the differnt format of the intercooler has me wonderin. but with time things change.
    dose for a day

or bov for a lifetime?

i think i know which one i'll choose. Haterz

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody see the new Impreza TV add yet ?? they make it look pretty, even the tail lights look ok Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting now with this new Wrx as to how it'll affect MPS 3 sales ??? it's cheaper, looks very similar from some angles and definitely is the better sports car, especially considering the upgrade potential it has and of course the AWD advantage.

IMHO I think it'll definitely take some sales away from the MPS 3.....
    The rumor that i have heard from a Mazda dealer based in Melbourne is the MPS 3's haven't nearly reached the expected amount of sales predicted. I don't know how you could compare them apart from the hatch aspect. I have driven the MPS 3 on a track and on the roads, it was pathetic, great in the straights and like a P&O cruise ship through the corners. IMHO

Brisbane QLD Drives:'07 Mazda 3 MPS Colour:Aurora Blue
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CJL Click here to enlarge
    The rumor that i have heard from a Mazda dealer based in Melbourne is the MPS 3's haven't nearly reached the expected amount of sales predicted. I don't know how you could compare them apart from the hatch aspect. I have driven the MPS 3 on a track and on the roads, it was pathetic, great in the straights and like a P&O cruise ship through the corners. IMHO
    Your obviously an inexperienced driver...or you dont know how to use the potential of the MPS...its a car you have to LEARN to drive.

I have driven my car on the track and straight....handles like a dream.

As for the sales figures....they sold 1200 MPS last year Australia wide...thats more than the XR5 and VXR put together..and was only beaten by the Golf GTI in hot hatch sales.

And if you wanna know what a P&O cruise ship is...drive the new WRX on the track...im sure you have seen the video.. MPS Vs WRX.. with the DSC light constantly on the WRX and it taking out the cones on the slalom.

Thankyou for the amusement....its great to see that ppl who drive a car for 15 mins can judge the true potential...own it for 9 months and get back to me.

Now...back to the WRX

Cheers
    DUG74
    Wheels For Awareness
    Supporting The Australian Cancer Research Foundation

Click here to enlarge
    |

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dug74 Click here to enlarge
    And if you wanna know what a P&O cruise ship is...drive the new WRX on the track...im sure you have seen the video.. MPS Vs WRX.. with the DSC light constantly on the WRX and it taking out the cones on the slalom.
    Was this the Edmunds Inside Line video - the guy was a tosser - red stitching on the MPS's seats gives it a "flamboyant" interior (only difference I could tell between the two Click here to enlarge )

However, on a serious note, watching that video made me cringe, the amount the 08 WRX rolled around and the huge squat it did on take off is pretty horrific. They've definately softened it up....
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dug74 Click here to enlarge
    Your obviously an inexperienced driver...or you dont know how to use the potential of the MPS...its a car you have to LEARN to drive.

I have driven my car on the track and straight....handles like a dream.

As for the sales figures....they sold 1200 MPS last year Australia wide...thats more than the XR5 and VXR put together..and was only beaten by the Golf GTI in hot hatch sales.

Thankyou for the amusement....its great to see that ppl who drive a car for 15 mins can judge the true potential...own it for 9 months and get back to me.

Now...back to the WRX

Cheers
    DUG74
    Really that’s alright sales figures, i thought the xr5 was killing it. It is very rare that if you’re looking to purchase a car they are going to give you the car for a week to try before you buy (well it hasn't happened to me for the past 3 cars I have bought). So in most cases you only have the so called 15 minutes to make your decision and form your own opinion based on the experience you had during the test drive.

But hey I guess opinions are a bitch.

Now in saying that........Back to the WRX
    Last edited by CJL; 30th September 2007 at 11:51 PM.

Brisbane QLD Drives:'07 Mazda 3 MPS Colour:Aurora Blue
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    XR5 sales....hmm you have order 1...i know..i was a potential XR5 owner..till they told me it was a 4 month wait..

The XR5 is supposedly an *exclusive* car and as such not many are being sold...

I guess it depends on which state your in...but in know in QLD..there are MPS owners everywhere...i see at least 5 different ones everyday..

Anyways...whichever hot hatch you buy....do you seriously think the ppl buying them are gonna drive them to full potential on the track etc..like they test them...NO..

Subaru may have done the wrong thing by performance owners....but its company who need sales to stay afloat..so *broading* sales by making the car a little soft in susp...and bland in looks appeals to more ppl = more sales....Toyota is a great example..BLAND and BORING...yet they sell like no tomorrow.

If you noticed....Toyota have a hand in Subaru..and it shows.

I totally agree about the 15 minutes determines sales..which is why I think the WRX will sell well...like the XR5...the power delivery is smoother and not a *Wild Child* like the MPS..which can shock a few drivers when they first hit the gas.

Cheers
    DUG74
    Wheels For Awareness
    Supporting The Australian Cancer Research Foundation

Click here to enlarge
    |

Thread Information