Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

windscreen - AH 3 door

hEY guys, does anyone know how hard it is to change the windscreen of an AH astra 3 dr?I assume it s the same as the 5 door hatch?

How do I get the wiper arms off? i cant see any bolts?? there s a strange cap that impossible to remove...

do i even need to get wiper arms off?

im attempting this myself...got a chip on the windscreenClick here to enlarge if too hard, i might get holden to do it. how much are they for genuine ones?

cheers!
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you'd be looking at a 4 figure cost.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nah i doubt it'd be in 4 figures!!!

Trying to think what cap it is that is on the end of the wipers, must be some sort of clip or cap, try to flick it up with a screwdriver!!

By the way, do you have any experience doing windscreens?? They're not exactly easy to replace without the necessary tools!!!

Also how bad is the chip, might be repairable which will save you alot of hassles!!!
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For holden to do it....definitely a 4 figure sum. The windscreen is what....$500-$700 plus labour....mhm

Like xplosv said, better off trying to repair it....there's all sorts of kits available at autobarn and the likes.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would get it repaired if possible mate, as long as the chip is not in your direct line of vision and there is no crack reaching the edge of the screen you should have no problem next time you go for a warrant of fitness.

I hade my windscreen replaced through Lexus on my last car and the bill came to $2400!
    Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not sure how the AH windscreen is like, however with my astra g, if you take it off, apparently you have to replace the bottom rubber, which if its genuine costs an arm and a leg, however after market ones are heaps cheaper.
    Make me a sandwich.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cant we replace the windscreen thru o'brien or something? i tot it's way cheaper that way
    -ynwa-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DirtyHarry Click here to enlarge
    im not sure how the AH windscreen is like, however with my astra g, if you take it off, apparently you have to replace the bottom rubber, which if its genuine costs an arm and a leg, however after market ones are heaps cheaper.
    hmmm..enquired at holden today and the windscreen costs about $550 with the rubber that sits around it as well. not sure what bottom rubber u r talking about. but i think ill get orbien or something to do it. I think lexus was about $2400 because it prob had rain sensors etc...

Ive had chips repaired b4 on my other car but u can still see it and the resin comes out after a while....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    hmmm..enquired at holden today and the windscreen costs about $550 with the rubber that sits around it as well. not sure what bottom rubber u r talking about. but i think ill get orbien or something to do it. I think lexus was about $2400 because it prob had rain sensors etc...

Ive had chips repaired b4 on my other car but u can still see it and the resin comes out after a while....
    call a local smaller windscreen guy, obrien is expensive, they do the same job, they are everybit as good ive found, just dont have the overheads of a massive company, i got the windscreen for my ute for 200 bucks, installed, obrien quoted me 480
    If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 7
    minutes, a large pigeon with a wicked case of diahorrea will land on your
    head at 6 :00PM (EST) this afternoon. I know this will occur because it
    actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbour's ex-mother-in-law's
    second husband's cousin's beautician.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by low astra Click here to enlarge
    call a local smaller windscreen guy, obrien is expensive, they do the same job, they are everybit as good ive found, just dont have the overheads of a massive company, i got the windscreen for my ute for 200 bucks, installed, obrien quoted me 480

was that for genuine glass mate? $200 sounds good! I know the aftermarket ones are cheaper.

Holden also told me that my astra sri is the one b4 the newest model, therefore, it has the expensive windscreen. apparently, the latest model astra has a much cheaper windscreenClick here to enlarge about half the price of mine for a genuine one!! anyone can explain this??

Thread Information