Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anonymous

2.2 fuel consumption

Hi there,

Just wondering what is the best fuel consumption you guys get on your 2.2. The best I can achieve with highway cruising is in the region of 7~8l/100km, kind of high compare with factory figure of 5.8l/100km for high way cruise...
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Anonymous
    have you got any mods?
    Your figure also includes accelerating and decelerating. Factory will always give their absolute lowest value to sell the car.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for information/comparison. My Astra Turbo gets the same economy as my 1999 corolla 1.8L did. And considering it is a turbo'ed 2.0L engine with 50% more power, I'm happy.!!

The Astra gets 10.3L/100km if I drive just to work and back (13km one way). I guess it never really reaches full running temp and efficiency. And it is stop/start traffic too.

If I drive around a bit, ie around Melbourne, I average 9.5L/100km.

I have not done any looong trips yet. I have watched the trip computer's instant consuption mode, and if I am just cruising at a steady speed, it can be under 6L/100km. So I would guess that a long country trip would return bloody good economy.

Another thing I found too, is to use cruise control where possible. The car is extremely good at deciding how much fuel to use for a given speed. Much better than your right foot. It also keeps you at a legal speed !!

Anonymous
    I only have a straight through rear muffler. There was some occasional overtaking maneuvers but nothing excessive. I thought I would at least hit high 6s since the car and the tyre pressure has always been maintained. I get abt 9~10l/100km with combined driving which is fine for me. Just curious what other Sri owners get with their highway cruise as my seems a bit off with factory figure.

Anonymous
    Last Big Drive I went on, I got 730KMs out of a Full Tank in my Astra SRi N/A and I was pushing it on the way back. I have a Chip and Cam but that shouldn't make a Difference.
    Daily Driving I get about 100-130ish Kms to a 1/4 Tank(What ever that is in Litres.

OpelAus Alumni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KID_SRi
    I have a Chip and Cam but that shouldn't make a Difference.
    Where did you get your car chipped?

The best avg fuel economy I have got on the SRiT is 7.8 city driving! Miss Daisy would have been proud. Did it after I got my mods to see what impact it would have on normal driving... mid 500 kms on that tank.

TURBLUE: What I have noticed can influence these figures lots is...
    Start your car and switch to Instantaeous Consumption, it revs out at just over 2 litres per hour cold start. Let it idle until it warms up (only a couple of mins) and it will drop to 1.2L p/h. Makes a big difference to your ave because those first couple of K's is v. inefficient.

BTW: Ever seen your turbo glow after you've given it a floggin? Take it out at night, hurt it for a while, pull over somewhere dark, LEAVE IT RUNNING, flip the bonnet and check out your handy work!!! See how long it takes to lose all signs of colour - good indication (If you don't have a turbo timer) for next time you flog it to your doorstep and don't know how long you should run it... 3 - 6 minutes if it's had a pants down spankin'!

Anonymous
    The Chip came with the Car(2nd Hand). I bought it off the Dude that owns the Dealership. I think he got the Chip From Germany, Its a Genuine OPC Chip, I have all the OPC Equipped Sticker(In German) In with the Paper Work somewhere. I have to find it coz a Few People want me to Copy it.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rhino
    BTW: Ever seen your turbo glow after you've given it a floggin? Take it out at night, hurt it for a while, pull over somewhere dark, LEAVE IT RUNNING, flip the bonnet and check out your handy work!!! See how long it takes to lose all signs of colour - good indication (If you don't have a turbo timer) for next time you flog it to your doorstep and don't know how long you should run it... 3 - 6 minutes if it's had a pants down spankin'!
    This is a bloody interesting thing to say. Might be a really good way to determine how long to idle.

Damm good thought Rhino..!!!

Anonymous
    Hi Kid_Sri,

Have you tried the standard Sri and compared the two? Are the chip and cam together as a package? I didn't know opc already makes a chip for it, how does she go!!? Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2.2 Auto

8.4 lt/100 kl Highway crusing
    10.3 lt/100 kl City driving

Thread Information