Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mondeo does look extremely promising, as is the 2008 Mazda 6.

It is interesting to see that, whilst most manufacturers are trying to head upmarket (eg. Ford with its Mondeo, Mitsubishi with its upcoming Lancer), Holden is going the opposite direction in the name of chasing volume. I understand if their business case demands they source cars from Daewoo, but if not, I just can't see the reason for it. I mean, look at the drop in Barina sales compared to last year's. An average buyer might be clueless, but it doesn't take long for them to work out the difference and alternative for themselves. A Yaris for about $1-2K extra is not a big stretch for most people, over a few years' worth of car ownership. In the meantime, they are killing whatever good reputation the Euro imports managed to scramble together for Holden over the years...

Not knowing how much say Holden has in this matter (for all I know, it could be GM's overriding decision!), but it will definitely make better long term business sense for Holden to keep selling the Corsa D, and delay swapping Opels for GM Daewoo substitutes until their overall package is up to, if not exceeding, the same standard. It's too late now.

Looks like I will have to keep our "orphaned" Corsa C for a while Click here to enlarge At least I will have fun whilst I am at it! Especially at the twisties Click here to enlarge
    2001 Star Silver Corsa C
    2003 Star Silver Astra G OPC - gone to a good home
    2004 White Grandis Luxury
    2005 Platinum 380 LX dual fuel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't it a Mondeo sports model featured on top gear a couple of weeks ago ??

Looked pretty good and even they gave it the thumbs up Click here to enlarge

J, I agree with regards to the new Mazda 6, from the pics I've seen so far, it's a very nice looking machine, Mazda will also introduce a new 2.5ltr direct injected turbo for the new MPS6 model....looking really good !

Overall the Jap cars are getting better and better, that's for sure....
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oneightoo Click here to enlarge
    for 13k find me a better looking brand new car..

it's cheap..

it's korean..

whooppee doo..

we have this same arguement everytime something new comes out..
    Proton Savvy

Seeing Proton own Lotus, Im sure Lotus had some input into the suspension.
    Better yet put some Lotus badges on it to really confuse people.
    Call it the Lotus Cutie (Hottie wont cut it......)
    Click here to enlarge
    "At the moment you have the answer to fuel consumption by looking at diesel, but governments then charge extra taxes on it so they make that option really unavailable to the public because they chose to put a levy on the fuel." - Tom Walkinshaw (HSV)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pred8r Click here to enlarge
    Proton Savvy
    Click here to enlarge

are you kidding?
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oneightoo Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

are you kidding?
    They REALLY need clear indicators, then they will sell like hotcakes Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    "At the moment you have the answer to fuel consumption by looking at diesel, but governments then charge extra taxes on it so they make that option really unavailable to the public because they chose to put a levy on the fuel." - Tom Walkinshaw (HSV)

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a two-star crash test rating, I don't think Holden can give the Barina away. And the other Daewoo-sourced models don't sell well either, I think the Astra to Viva sales ratio is about five to one.

Two problems with the new Corsa. The first is price, hard to keep it price competitive. The second is performance: Europe has a different style of driving to us where heavy urban traffic congestion or free-flowing motorways mean they don't need cars with hard acceleration (anyone who has been there will know what I mean). But even by European standards, the latest Corsa is slow! The new car is bigger and heavier than a C, and the twinport 1.4 just doesn't do it anymore. If it is underpowered by European standards, how could it cope here?

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just really bland style wise. GM Daewoo can, physically at least, build a car that's just as good as, if not better, then some thing coming out of Europe. For whatever reason, they think that this path is right one. We can all sit back and be armchair CEOs and say that Holden should go back to the European sourced cars, but we don't have the full picture. My guess, as an armchair CEO, is that until the Australian Dollar strengthens against the Euro not much is going to happen.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that grill meant to make it look more european? Koreans should stick to what they do best, and thats making LCD screens, DVD players and mobile phones.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Satria Looks good from Proton...
    http://www.proton.com.au/showroom/sa...a_exterior.php
    Last edited by Shaun; 15th August 2007 at 09:47 PM.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even the satria looks like a pile of dogshit randomly stacked together....

Thread Information