Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    hahaClick here to enlarge I was partly joking but it does make sense...what do you want more from a $13k brand new car? I reckon it looks alright, goes alright and hopefully will last for a while like daihatsu charades!
    Holden wants profitable vehicles not reliable ones. I beg to differ with your assessment, but the car is ugly, slow and badly built. It won't last long at all. I utterly HATE it.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stevedee3 Click here to enlarge
    More specifically, what's with GM Holden? - GM Europe (Saab/Opel) are still making cars At the moment, just the Astra variants and the Saab range. So far we've lost the Barina (Corsa), Calibra, Combo, Tigra, Vectra, Zafira. Although we have gained the Captiva MaXX (Opel Antara).
    Profits and current covnersion rates. The European stuff is simply too expensive for Holden to sell at what they deem to be a profit. The Captiva MaXX Daewoo designed and built, with tweaks by Opel.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cyclonic Click here to enlarge
    Yes, it'll sell.. but its still a second rate, badly built, uncrashworthy pile of poo. The TK has been responsible for a sharp decline in XC resale values and now some people are confusing the two. Oh well... Rant over!
    I doubt the TK is responsable for it in the sense that its cheaper car. The TS astra resale value dropped the moment the AH was released. The XC resale value would have dropped because a new model entered the market. This happens with ALL cars.

As for crash testing wait and see when the test are carried out then comment. As this is a New design. One that Holden have had more say in.

As for everyone else who crys about there beloved " BARINA " being imported from Asia. GET OVER IT(thats not directed to all that have posted in this thread but in the pass with there baby crys). . Look at the big picture. Its Busniess. This is why you are all on the forum And not on the Board of directors of GM-H or GM. When your trying to sell into a cut throat market in the the small car segment and price is what sells these cars then its smart busniess sense to Do what Holden have done.

And i wouldnt have said the XC was overly well built. Remember they are about 8,000 euro car back in there day. Cheap german small car .
    Last edited by Shaun; 15th August 2007 at 08:07 AM.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually like it. I wouldnt buy one, but I like it, cosmetically speaking.

When is it likely to be sold here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a minor facelift....Still a piece of shit, or as cyclonic put it "Still as ugly as a hat full of arseholes I think..." Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for 13k find me a better looking brand new car..

it's cheap..

it's korean..

whooppee doo..

we have this same arguement everytime something new comes out..
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Front end grille looks very Golf-ish.... Click here to enlarge

Regardles of price and value for money, definitely NOT for me thanks Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

In the future, in the past, somewhere ......
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oneightoo Click here to enlarge
    for 13k find me a better looking brand new car..

it's cheap..

it's korean..

whooppee doo..

we have this same arguement everytime something new comes out..
    *LOLOL*

Not worth commenting on this mode of transport.

Click here to enlarge
    "oooh Simon gets a turbo, this could be dangerous!" Mr Cali
    13 Opel Astra Select 1.6 [Mrs] |13 Golf GTi [Speedster] | 81 DMC [Cruiser] | 79 Lancia Beta Spyder [Resto]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun Click here to enlarge
    It will sell. The price is what decides if its going to sell. The Barina now sits in a price driven market.Something the GM Europe Sourced Barina could never do. But you never know . Holden could go back to the GM Soruced Barina . But the cost wont be 13k. It will be about 15-16k for the entry level.
    The thing is that they are hardly selling any new Barinas, Vivas or Epicas ... while the Astra is about #5 or 6 in the top ten all last year.

Ford seems to be following the Holden of old, by importing (or about to import) all the euro models. Festiva ($16-24K), Focus (19-36K), Mondeo...

I think Holden just made a mistake. I think that they opted out of the Euro models at exactly the wrong time, the market is transitioning to smaller cars, and people have more money to spend in this segment than they used to. I can't see how they are making more money with the new Barina than they did with old (for example).

BTW: the new Mondeo is a smart looking car...

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/ContentServer?cid=1163399223417&pagename=FOA%2FDFY Page%2FFullwidth1024&c=DFYPage

digifish
    Last edited by digifish; 15th August 2007 at 01:59 PM.
    Petrol is for the weak
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not for me either....stay away from Korean cars...I owned a 1997 Hyundai elantra when I was at uni...piece of junk...everything broke down from starter motor to power window motor to automatic transmission.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by digifish Click here to enlarge
    BTW: the new Mondeo is a smart looking car...

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...1024&c=DFYPage

digifish
    As a matter of fact, if you read German reviews(whom I trust more than my own mother's word), it's the best car in it's class(and price-range) being sold currently in the market.

It's even better than a VW Passat.

I've had the pleasure of sitting in one at the Ford HQ in Campbellfield....it feels more like a car you pay $70k-$100k for than a budget 'mid-sized' saloon. It screams QUALITY at you. Will definitely be looking at one of them as a replacement for my Astra, once I get my full licence that is.

Thread Information