Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes another newbie

Hi everyone Click here to enlarge Just joined up, was put onto this by a mate (who isnt actually a member just visits, he drives a '94 Calibra which is possessed Click here to enlarge it's a long story for another time, I have just sold my beloved VZ SV6 to focus on a property can't have my cake and eat it too Click here to enlarge before that was a VY2 Calais before that was a GEN3 ute, so you can see I love my Holdens and poured all my money into them, but times have changed. In the near future I will be looking for a new ride, alot cheaper on the hip pocket in regards to fuel/rego/insurance and the SRi model Barina's (XC) and astra's (TS) have caught my eye, nice to the hip pocket yet they still look great and got some balls too. Click here to enlarge For the moment I'm driving a 85 RB Gemini Click here to enlarge bought it for $500, fully reco'd engine, air-con, serviced gearbox new tyres and $20 a week to run I'm saving a packet already. I look forward to many chats with everyone and your thoughts on your rides the good and bad. Click here to enlarge

Cheers
    Ryan
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome...

u may aswell stick with the gemmi dude... dont waste ur money

then by the time you have saved enough money the GEN 7 will be here
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the XC is a alright car

Jay behave your self
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    go the gem, great cars they are.
    if your friend is having troubles try www.clubcalibra.org Click here to enlarge (at the moment is having server issues Click here to enlarge)
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Corsa C (XC Barina) Sri can still beat the latest fiesta XR4/RS/sport/whatever on the 0-100 and the 400m and is also around 1/2 the price ($13k vs. $26k) .

They are an XCellent buy (providing you can drive a manual and like single 'drink-dumping' cupholder)
    Last edited by pred8r; 28th July 2007 at 10:34 AM.
    Click here to enlarge
    "At the moment you have the answer to fuel consumption by looking at diesel, but governments then charge extra taxes on it so they make that option really unavailable to the public because they chose to put a levy on the fuel." - Tom Walkinshaw (HSV)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pred 0-100 on the XR4 is 7.9 sec
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EL BURITO Click here to enlarge
    Pred 0-100 on the XR4 is 7.9 sec
    Quoted from wheels magazine review - full review here

Ford says 90 percent of the torque is on tap from 2200rpm to 6150rpm, but the vaguely coarse engine doesn't feel that way. There is no obvious sweet spot, and you quickly learn that swift progress demands at least 3500rpm and constant working of the engine from there to 6000rpm. At the 6600rpm redline (the cutout is 7000rpm) it feels strangled. The driving behaviour is not as bad as this reads, as 0-100km/h in 9.2 seconds and 0-400 metres in 16.6sec attest. What's missing is truly enthusiastic and sporting support for the chassis from the engine and its 'box full of tightly-stacked ratios. Yet the low overall gearing, with top set at just 33.5km/h per 1000rpm, and the engine's variable-length intake manifold, make for terrific light throttle tractability.
    Click here to enlarge
    "At the moment you have the answer to fuel consumption by looking at diesel, but governments then charge extra taxes on it so they make that option really unavailable to the public because they chose to put a levy on the fuel." - Tom Walkinshaw (HSV)

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I have heard and the reviews on the SRi they seem pretty dam decent for what they are, afterall the XC did take out wheels car of the year in 2001. Click here to enlarge

Poita, thanks for heads up on the calibra site, will help my mate greatly..

Thanks for your replies fellas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes and the SRi Astra Turbo took it out in 2003
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome Ryan Click here to enlarge
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Thread Information