Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it just get harder to get it into gear till it gos compleatly. but remember with the C you can still start the car in 2nd with out a problem

(this is a feature of the car so u dont spin the wheels on icey roads)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm well since I have only paid the deposit, I might have to consider adjusting the price in light of this....I don't really want to buy it and be up for another $500+ in a couple of months....

Can't you take a car off in any gear if you burn your clutch enough. Click here to enlarge
    The user formerly known as sir-sri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM Click here to enlarge
    Hmmm well since I have only paid the deposit, I might have to consider adjusting the price in light of this....I don't really want to buy it and be up for another $500+ in a couple of months....

Can't you take a car off in any gear if you burn your clutch enough. Click here to enlarge
    It will be less than $500 if u get the part from UK. guys on Corsa-c say its less than 100 quid including labour to get it fixed
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a site or something people use to get the parts from the UK? EDIT: Don't worry, just read up and found http://www.autovaux.co.uk/

I gave my mechanic a buzz to see what he thought labour would be to do this, and he wanted to know if it would be the linkages from the gear stick to the gears you're talking about, or internal linkages in the gearbox? I assume it's the former?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a site or something people use to get the parts from the UK? EDIT: Don't worry, just read up and found http://www.autovaux.co.uk/

I gave my mechanic a buzz to see what he thought labour would be to do this, and he wanted to know if it would be the linkages from the gear stick to the gears you're talking about, or internal linkages in the gearbox? I assume it's the former?
    i am not sure tbh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh crap really??

What sort of symptons did you have?

I just found at times it felt like 2nd was "blocked" you just couldn't get it in there and would have to put it in neutral, clutch out then back in, then slip it into second....A similar story with 1st.

I haven't driven a manual for a while though and was having problems because my shoes were so big I couldn't be sure that it wasn't my fault not getting the clutch all the way in....the owner drove it afterwards and had no issues, although he seemed to be firmer on the gear changes than I would be, perhaps that's just what it needs though....

What I'm trying to work out is, if it was the linkages, is this how they would start to go, or would it be a case of you just couldn't get a gear what so ever?

JM
    that's the exact problem that aaron is having with his - it just wont go into 2nd sometimes ... 1st is getting worse.

i was lucky enough to have mine realigned and fixed up a few weeks ago under warranty (44,000km) - makes a hell of a difference
    Click here to enlarge

[ OOD33 ] <3's [ 57U-OO ]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dee Click here to enlarge
    that's the exact problem that aaron is having with his - it just wont go into 2nd sometimes ... 1st is getting worse.

i was lucky enough to have mine realigned and fixed up a few weeks ago under warranty (44,000km) - makes a hell of a difference
    Hmm I'm starting to get cold feet on the idea now....I wish I gave a smaller deposit in case I end up losing that....

I've asked someone I know to call a Holden service person he knows to get a feel for what the total cost will be to fix this....If it's looking like a big job I'll either have to get the seller down on price, or walk away from it all together, it's done about 53,000k's now so probabaly right about the time it would go....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    other consideration is in 7000km u need a new timming belt. that service is $600 at Holden

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EL BURITO Click here to enlarge
    other consideration is in 7000km u need a new timming belt. that service is $600 at Holden
    Fark I didn't even consider that.

I'm tempted to walk away I think, even if I burn my $250 deposit I gave the guy....

The way the costs are adding up I don't think it's worth it....people have said too, how knows how this guy looked after it, sounds like the linkages only go if you abuse the gearbox a bit anyway? I babied the thing while I had it, but that was only up to about 13,000k's or something, the majority have been while he owned it....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fark I didn't even consider that.

I'm tempted to walk away I think, even if I burn my $250 deposit I gave the guy....

The way the costs are adding up I don't think it's worth it....people have said too, how knows how this guy looked after it, sounds like the linkages only go if you abuse the gearbox a bit anyway? I babied the thing while I had it, but that was only up to about 13,000k's or something, the majority have been while he owned it....
    lingkages go. common problem. seems to be mostly 1.8s and 1.2s from wat i read but probly the luck. besides from that its alright car. I would just talk the asking price down a grand. that covers wat needs fixed and do a RACV check on it before u part with the cash

Thread Information