Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice VZKOOP's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Astra Oiler V VXR

Not sure if this one has been up before......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo987X-Au48
    Interesting result, not unpredicted but damn close.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Whistle Fizz Whoosh - Geez am I going that fast?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes. but its a good comparasion. just want a desiel coup'
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    888 Motorsport CDTi are tuned out too 147kw and has had many changes made with its Suspension and Brakes. VXR is standard
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun Click here to enlarge
    888 Motorsport CDTi are tuned out too 147kw and has had many changes made with its Suspension and Brakes. VXR is standard
    Errr, standard?
    Like a HSV R8 is a standard Commodore?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on what is defined by standard?

The Vxr is made to it's spec at the production factory.

The 888 is a ltd editon car from U.K dealers Thurlby who bought 25 cdti's of each colour and then added the wheels/brakes etc etc to the car before selling them on as a ltd edition car.

So as I see it the Vxr is a standard factory produced car but the 888 is not.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say neither are 'standard'. The VXR is an enhanced vehicle built on the Astra platform. It has enhanced suspension, brakes, bodykit, turbo, etc. In fact the VXR badge comes from Vauxhalls motorsport activities.

It's a great car. I sat in one today and....... well let's just say lucky I was wearing my comfortable fit jeans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VZKOOP Click here to enlarge
    I would say neither are 'standard'. The VXR is an enhanced vehicle built on the Astra platform. It has enhanced suspension, brakes, bodykit, turbo, etc. In fact the VXR badge comes from Vauxhalls motorsport activities.

It's a great car. I sat in one today and....... well let's just say lucky I was wearing my comfortable fit jeans.
    lol

guess u would look at HSV the same?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VZKOOP Click here to enlarge

Your Missing the Point. When you buy a HSV Product you buy it STANDARD form off the Show room floor. HSV build all there products to a Spec with Options . Meaning the cars are a Standard Build across the range accept for the Options such as Leather trim etc.

The VXR is a Standard Build of the Production lineThe above mentioned compoents have been engnieered to suit from the ground up. These car are build down the line as they appear in the show room. The life of the VXR product starts from the moment the shell is pressed. and the items mentioned above with many others are fitted as the vehicles roll down the line. Therefore Making the Car Standard from Factory. The 888 has been Enhanced by Vauxhall's Offical Factory BTCC Championship Race out fit.

If it was a VXRPC VXR and a 888 CDTi you could say that they are both not Standard. But the VXR in the clip is Factory Standard build.

None the less both are great car and the CDTi is one that turns head when you see a diesel pulling that kind of power with very little mods. Not so much the power but more so the torque.
    Last edited by Shaun; 12th July 2007 at 12:54 AM.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Missing the Point.
    You're right. I am missing the point. But I'd prefer to think of the VXR as an enhanced vehicle. I suspect you won't be changing your mind so let's just say we each have a different view of what a 'standard' car is.

guess u would look at HSV the same?
    Actually, no. I like the HSV's but that little VXR is different. I think it might be the size. I felt much more part of the car just sitting there. There is so much space in the GTS. It just didn't feel the same inside. I think I'd even go so far as to say I'd buy a VXR before a GTS just on looks and feel......

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This topics being brought up and discussed before.....I agree with Shaun on this one !

I've owned a HSV V8 and always considered it to be standard, until when and if I modified it.

The VXR is an enhanced AH Astra, but if it's untouched from the showroom floor, as it was made, it is 'stock standard' - plain and simple.

The 888 AH oiler has been 'after market' modified, so it's not 'stock standard' .

Also in this case the 888 has been pretty much 'maxed out' if you do the same to the VXR, the oiler will be way behind in terms of performance, with whatever comparison you do...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information