Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tandem trailer plans

G-day all,

Does anyone have plans for a tandem car trailer, that you can post or email...or maybe a link. I have been lookin' round' the net but every bugger wants ya' to pay, ..c'mon a set of plans for a car trailer someone's gotta' have some Click here to enlarge it would benefit all of us who know how to use a welder and have access to a metal supplier..:dance:
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not hard to make a Trailer.
    I hope you have a While to read.
    I made a Tandem/Car Carrier from a Stuffed Caravan, Just removed the Caravan Shell & Cut off the Mounting Points leaving the Bare Chassis.
    Then got a Sheet of Tread/Checker Plate, Cut it to approx size in the Guilitine @ Dad's(RIP) Work.(Can be done with a Grinder or Oxy) Then made New Brackets & welded them to the chassis for the Plate to weld too. I made the Sides out of 50mm X 20mm RHS Blue Tube. Cut the Uprights x 4 @ the Height I wanted with 22.5 degree Angle on the Base to be welded to the chassis, 22.5 Degree Angle on the Other end to be welded to the Length runners to be cut with the same angle to Make a /-------\ (Sorry about the Dodgy Pic, You get the Idea Click here to enlarge )

The Leaf Springs, I got a Extra 2 Leaves Added.
    Brakes. As the Caravan was a Big Unit, It looked like it had Factory Ford F Series Drums on all 4's.

I hope that gives you some inspiration. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats the best way to make one. dont start from strach. you need to get your a-arm right or your trailer wont tow straight. i can get metal an have a welder. but im in perth so thats a lil usless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that KidSri, I'll try and track one down. I want the duel axle trailer and I'll have to make ramps too. Should be cheaper than hiring transport companies to move our cars around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ynmakr Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for that KidSri, I'll try and track one down. I want the duel axle trailer and I'll have to make ramps too. Should be cheaper than hiring transport companies to move our cars around.
    No Problem.
    I forgot to say I used a Tandam Caravan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    use whatever u can find a tandam boat trailer 2nd hand can be got for under $1000 if u are lucky, just have to put in a floor and ramps, but thats not hard
    If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 7
    minutes, a large pigeon with a wicked case of diahorrea will land on your
    head at 6 :00PM (EST) this afternoon. I know this will occur because it
    actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbour's ex-mother-in-law's
    second husband's cousin's beautician.

Thread Information