Thread: Woz01

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Woz01

Hi,
    Excellent to find an aussie site of owners after searching the web for anything to do with opel vauxhall and vectra. Look forward to chatting and maybe going for a cruise sometime!

Two weeks ago I bought a Silver 2003 CDX Vectra 3.2l auto in good condition with only 53000k's from a reputable car dealer in Sydney. So far I love the car, it looks and goes great, although with all the rain in Sydeny lately I haven't had a good chance to check out the power.

I have the usual 3mth/ 5000k warranty. I've got it booked in with another dealer to do a further inspection to see if there is anything I need fixed under warranty.

A couple of issues already with the auto selector in "D" it is taking off in 5th gear after stopping and won't drop down. This is happening intermittently. Also, changing/ upgrading the bulbs in the front headlights is a shocker.

Anyone have solutions to similar problems?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Participant RobotWarrior's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gday Woz welcome to Opelaus. I can tell you to have a look in the how 2 section and also the vectra section might be something already there Enjoy your time here! Cheers Robot
    Last edited by RobotWarrior; 29th June 2007 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see you join mate, and all the best with the car.

As for the problems, there seems to be a computer problem with the automatic or just try pressing the little 'snow flake' button next to the gear selector.

And there should be a detailed explanation of how to change the bulbs in your car's manual.

Welcome to opelaus.com Click here to enlarge

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Opelaus Woz01 and congrats on a great choice for your ride. I have one of the Veccy C CDXi's but its a manual so cannot help you with the auto question..... but as Robot said, have a squiz in the Vectra section, as there just maybe a thread on this very problem. Click here to enlarge

Long skinny fingers help with changing the headlight bulbs..... bloody hopeless at it, I am Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try changing the right indicator bulb on an audi a4 b6 model, u can only use ur finger tips, n need to squeeze in the wheel arch to do it, the light is about 25mm from the inner wheel arch, and you need to take the airbox out to do it, which is a mission in itself!!!
    i dropped it 3 times when putting it back in too Click here to enlarge, the wheel arch is completely sealed also Click here to enlarge.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Thread Information