Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the mazda will win because Glenn Ridge has a very long association with Mazda Aust !! He has raced his RX7 in various targas and done work for them as well. I'm currently in the process of buying a MPS anyway ,haven't looked at the VXR only because it is a 3 door ,and there are plenty of 06 plate MPS around (Mazda cant move them )

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jsantos Click here to enlarge
    "At the end of they day if your dad had a holden you will take the holden, if your dad had a ford you will take the ford"
    This is one of the standard lines you'll get from publicised comparos, when there's not much difference between the 2 type of cars....

Had one or the other had a clear margin of superiority in some or many ways, they'll go for that one Click here to enlarge

Next weeks comparo on the car show will be interesting, don't know about you guys, but for me that show ain't anything special and I never go out of my way to view it Click here to enlarge will have to make an exception for this one though Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    This is one of the standard lines you'll get from publicised comparos, when there's not much difference between the 2 type of cars....

Had one or the other had a clear margin of superiority in some or many ways, they'll go for that one Click here to enlarge

Next weeks comparo on the car show will be interesting, don't know about you guys, but for me that show ain't anything special and I never go out of my way to view it Click here to enlarge will have to make an exception for this one though Click here to enlarge
    So true about the show. We need a full assult from one of the networks in the form of Top Gear.
    Hmm who should i pitch the idea too...
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by low Click here to enlarge
    I'm currently in the process of buying a MPS anyway , and there are plenty of 06 plate MPS around (Mazda cant move them )

ur joking ?

wonder why...
    Click here to enlarge

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WLD-18L Click here to enlarge
    mad...must remember to watch this... the mazda is the quicker more powerfull car yea ?
    paper and the real world are very different.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mohawk Click here to enlarge
    mazda will win because of more kw's and not because of its plastic interior
    Not to mention its engines falling out.
    and the Astra is a 2l turbo, whereas the mazda is a 2.3 Turbo?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by low Click here to enlarge
    the mazda will win because Glenn Ridge has a very long association with Mazda Aust !! He has raced his RX7 in various targas and done work for them as well. I'm currently in the process of buying a MPS anyway ,haven't looked at the VXR only because it is a 3 door ,and there are plenty of 06 plate MPS around (Mazda cant move them )
    Pity Holden did not bring over the 5 door AH Turbo.
    But the MPSClick here to enlarge
    I'd rather go for and '05 WRX.
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

OpelAus Enthusiast aussie_in_london's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the MPS hasnt being getting good raves over here in the UK by most of the car press, coping it worse than the VXR which has been the whipping dog for some time, even with the additional power and running an LSD the Stig couldnt better the time that he pulled off in the astra in a hot hatch shoot out, the megane R26 being the best performer on track and not suprising as the ride is so hard it would vibrate every filling out of your month just taking it down the road for a bottle of milk Click here to enlarge

Brisbane QLD Drives:'07 Mazda 3 MPS Colour:Aurora Blue
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a hot hatch comparo on last weeks Fifth Gear....

I personally dont think you can compare any of them...

You buy the car becoz of a reason...looks, power, style, function.

And...every car make has problems...and only 2 mazdas have had engines fall out...hardly something you can bag.

As for the MPS not selling..i guess that really depends where you are..and what state...becoz we have 11 MPS in brisbane next week on a cruise...

Each to their own....i prefered the Mazda over the others...and i have driven all the *hot hatches*

The best all rounder...is still the GTi Golf.....even tho i hate the tartan seats and if you want options...grab another $10K.

The poms bagged the MPS before they had even driven it...which shows you how much they really know about cars.

I will watch it this week....as for sure...they will have a favourite.

Cheers
    DUG74
    Wheels For Awareness
    Supporting The Australian Cancer Research Foundation

Click here to enlarge
    |

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dug74 Click here to enlarge
    There was a hot hatch comparo on last weeks Fifth Gear....

I personally dont think you can compare any of them...

You buy the car becoz of a reason...looks, power, style, function.

And...every car make has problems...and only 2 mazdas have had engines fall out...hardly something you can bag.

As for the MPS not selling..i guess that really depends where you are..and what state...becoz we have 11 MPS in brisbane next week on a cruise...

Each to their own....i prefered the Mazda over the others...and i have driven all the *hot hatches*

The best all rounder...is still the GTi Golf.....even tho i hate the tartan seats and if you want options...grab another $10K.

The poms bagged the MPS before they had even driven it...which shows you how much they really know about cars.

I will watch it this week....as for sure...they will have a favourite.

Cheers
    DUG74

Who says the press in the UK havent driven the car ? Normally a Manfacturer will invite world press along to the offical launch of a model in the home land if the car is going to be exported.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MPS3 doesn't sell (just like the MPS6 doesn't sell) because it has absolutely no prestige behind it. It's just a fast hatchback that looks rather bland.

The Golf Gti has had a long history (some rather luke warm) but a history none the less. They are desireable and look and feel solid in a way the Mazda can never be.

The Golf GTi makes up a sizeable portion of Golf sales here (just like the WRX). Whereas the big sellers in the Mazda 3 range are the povo Neo spec cars (Like the corolla!)

People will bitch and moan about the option prices on the GOlf. But , honestly, you don't need ANY of them the base product is that good to start with. It's just guilding the lily in my opinion.

Brisbane QLD Drives:'07 Mazda 3 MPS Colour:Aurora Blue
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    The Golf GTi makes up a sizeable portion of Golf sales here (just like the WRX). Whereas the big sellers in the Mazda 3 range are the povo Neo spec cars (Like the corolla!)
    Glad to see you work for mazda and know the sales figures on the M3.

But if you wanna know the real facts....the Neo isnt the biggest seller..its actually the mid range Maxx and Maxx Sports that sell...followed by the SP23.

They dont sell many Neos...as they dont have anything in them.

But im glad you compared a M3 with a corolla.....as they are both in the top 5 for best selling cars in Australia....i wonder where the golf is...

Cheers
    DUG74
    Wheels For Awareness
    Supporting The Australian Cancer Research Foundation

Click here to enlarge
    |

Thread Information