Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1.8 Flash

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.8 Flash

I would like to thank Matt Auzvetra for doing the Flash for my 1.8Astra CDX while I was up in Qld during my holiday's.
    I would like to say I did notice some extra drive abilty of the car, pulls well through the gears much much easier. More noticed after 3rpm. On the HWY it was great for overtaking considering the extra weight the car had on the way back(would have equalled 4 passengers) Great pick up from 80kms to 120kms to overtake. Fuel useage was great got 735kms out of 46L using 98ron at 89km avg speed on 6.2l per 100kms. Revs seems to be a little bit lower than previous, cant remember exact at the moment. dont want to post incorrect figures but does sit at 0.8 on idle without A/C on.
    I dont have any power figures as not really fussed as I feel the car does drive alot better than before. all that I have done to the car is a K&N panel and deresticted airbox.
    If you are willing to spent around $500 on springs or Zorst I think this is the better option 1st.
    Feel free to askQ's and once again I would like to thank Matt for going out of his way to meet up with us to get this done.
    Brad
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Forum Addict InsaneAsylum's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did the flash cost $500 all up?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the remap is $650 across the board.
    glad you like it brad, i was very surprised myself, we were given a sujestion of how much this motor can gain on a remap, but when brad accelerated in 3rd, and i thought it was pulling hard for 2nd, imagine my surprise when i realised it was 3rd not 2nd Click here to enlarge.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by auzvectra Click here to enlarge
    the remap is $650 across the board.
    glad you like it brad, i was very surprised myself, we were given a sujestion of how much this motor can gain on a remap, but when brad accelerated in 3rd, and i thought it was pulling hard for 2nd, imagine my surprise when i realised it was 3rd not 2nd Click here to enlarge.
    Good show Matt! Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant Mainframe_Module's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does remapping void the warranty or cause servicing problems?

im sure people have asked this before, but figured id ask anyway :P
    Attitudes Are Contagious... Mine Might Kill You.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm..... ill ask this question, what are the gains? in numbers, not feeilings :P
    sigs are stupid Click here to enlarge

My car goes broom, all 91kw of it !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is the same question we keep getting asked, if you want a bullshit figure, go ask some1 else that does tunes, but dont expect to get that figure!
    every car is different, in the astra turbo, we have seen massive difference between 2 cars of the same spec with just the tune, this is why we do not give any figures.
    we saw upto almost 10% differnce in the astra turbo between dyno's and different cars.

another thing that people done seem to understand, forget peak power, it's the power curve change that is the difference.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh and sorry mainframe, i missed your question out Click here to enlarge.
    from what we have been told, holden cannot trace that the file has been changed.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how sure are we that holden cant trace it???
    The bullsh*t stops when the Clutch drops!

05, corsa SRi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont holden onl use tech 2, n to my knowledge tech2 only allows to see the problems n change them correctly, i dont believe it can or even has the input on knowing that the ecu file has been changed.
    Audi B6 2004 A4 1.8T S-Line Black. Its Bloody well tuned by AuzVectra.
    *Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you. Click here to enlarge

Thread Information