I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xc hu + dealer issues...

there was a similar post last year about this but i'll post again anyway...

a few weeks ago i bought an xc barina to replace my mx-5...was supposed to be cheap and easy to run and i wouldnt have to deal with any problems during my final year at uni. however the car would not get any radio reception at all so i took it back to the dealer, they checked it out, tried a new head unit and said mine was faulty so they'll replace it. the info display wasn't working properly either so they said they would replace that too.

the day after that i found that they hadn't put the dash back together properly so i had to take it in to get screwed back on. they tell me the parts are all in so i can book it in to get them replaced. so i book it in again, take it in on the friday, get the car back and they say that the info display is replaced all is well - nothing about the radio. so i wait another week. apparently blaupunkt want further testing done on the head unit so i need to book it in again to be looked at. after looking at it they say that i need a new amplifier on my aerial and it'll take another week for the parts to be ordered in. which was supposed to be fixed today...amplifier installed...still no reception. now they're saying its the coax cable from the aerial to the hu and it'll take another week to come in and be replaced.

so its been in the workshop 5x now...waiting on a 6th time. at the same time, i've got a sub and an amp waiting to be installed which i cant do until they've fixed the head unit (i dont want them coming back and saying its my fault for the poor reception).

has anyone else had issues like this with their hu's and could offer a suggestion to getting this fixed?? seriously, everytime i've taken a car to them, they've stuffed something up and the issue never gets resolved.

when i had to get the info display fixed on my astra sri they managed to break the center console surround and were only going to replace it with the standard black one...not the silver one. had to argue for that and even when they replaced it the whole dash would squeak and rattle so something wasn't screwed back in properly...i'm not the only one who's had issues like this with the dealership either - everyone i know that has taken their car there has had problems!
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i HATE the dealerships.
    I have a 2002 XC and have noticed that the reception was starting to get a little crackely, i managed to fix theis temporarily by removing the hu and fitting in a new deck and tv. this worked for a little while and i am now starting to get a few crackles again, this leads me to think its something to do with the ariel or the cable from ariel to hu.
    good luck with the dealership, i try to avoid them as much as possible.

One of Chuck Norris' sperm found it's way into the gas tank of an 18 wheeler. We now know this truck as Optimus Prime!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is all getting done under warranty so there's no cost to me, but its a pain having to constantly take it back there while i'm trying to get work done. the only reason why i go to that dealership is because they're 5 mins down the road as opposed to 30 mins at least to everywhere else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my reception is crap, better in the built up area (i live on edge of city) did get worse when i changed to the Alpine deck but the pros out weight the cons.

The coax is under the roof panneling thou and that just bends out and back in again. so cant exactly break that.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i live in the middle of newcastle...plus i wasn't even getting any reception when i was driving around sydney - so there is actually something faulty...they just need to hurry up and fix it!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    champ i moved up to newcastle 3 years ago and quickly realised that everything gets done half assed up here. my astra gets taken to sydney for all servicing, have since just bought a new subaru a couple of weeks ago from sydney, and i'll be taking it back down there for servicing too.
    things happen alot quicker and alot more efficiently down there.
    by the sounds of it they are repairing things through trial and error and really have no idea what the problem is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Snotty Click here to enlarge
    by the sounds of it they are repairing things through trial and error and really have no idea what the problem is.
    and at the end of the day they still get paid for every hour they spend on it by HOlden
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Thread Information