Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V8 Supercars at Phillip Island in November

Righto.... myself and so far 3 mates are heading off to Phillip Island for the V8's (and all the associated other interesting stuff).... Click here to enlarge

Seeing as I have only ever been to Lakeside, Willowbank and Indy, I have some queries, and hoping those who have gone to Phillip Island, can assist. :angel:

Couple of questions:
    1. Whilst we will fly to Melbourne and most likely hire a car, where should we be looking for cheap reasonable accomodation?
    2. Is Bell's Beach anywhere nearby (one of the guys has a mate who runs one of the pubs there)?
    3. Any suggestions about time to get to the track (with Willowbank, if it is light, it is too late almost)?
    4. Weather ideas?
    Thanks all...... Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. not sure about accom

2. Bells is not very close by. Bells/Torquay is kind of below Geelong, so to get there from Phillip Island you have to drive all the way around port phillip, or get the ferry from sorrento (mornington peninsula) accross to queenscliff.

3. no idea sorry

4. whilst its almost summer... it can still get pretty cold that far down south - its pretty much the most southerly point on the aussie mainland. so pack for all seasons - you will most likely get rain, heat, cold and fog/mist all in the one day

hope this all helps! have fun Click here to enlarge
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate, you will want to look for accomodation down on the island or close by, as it's a long drive back to Melbourne and a PRICK to get off the island after an event such as the V8's.

As BTM said, Bells Beach is a long way away, completely opposite direction to the isalnd. There are two bays between Torquay (Bells Beach) and Phillip Island. lol Let's just say you won't be going to Bells Beach...

I suggest get to the track early! If you want a good vantage point. I'm not sure if you still can, but you used to be able to drive your car in and back it in to the track on certain areas.

Can get quite windy down on the island, but I wouldn't stress too much. It's not going to be arctic conditions that time of year... if you recall last year's phillip island round, you couldn't see the track due to the bushfire smoke! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys.... very valuable info here Click here to enlarge

Thread Information