Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...I have had poor experiences from VW too...(I'm in Adeaide, so that will narrow down the possibilities to about...oh, 1 Click here to enlarge the turkey in the workshop over-filled the oil 1 cm above the max level. I have had them try to scam we with things like engine-flushing and for work they clearly didn't do. So, it's not limited to any brand, but, yes I am sure the managment at the dealership has a big influence on all of this...but not 100% control.

digifish
    Petrol is for the weak
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun Click here to enlarge
    Again its at dealer level. Not Holden Head office. So to say GMH is alittle unfair.
    Ok edit: 'Holden dealers' after sales service and support Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by digifish Click here to enlarge
    ...I have had poor experiences from VW too...(I'm in Adeaide, so that will narrow down the possibilities to about...oh, 1 Click here to enlarge the turkey in the workshop over-filled the oil 1 cm above the max level. I have had them try to scam we with things like engine-flushing and for work they clearly didn't do. So, it's not limited to any brand, but, yes I am sure the managment at the dealership has a big influence on all of this...but not 100% control.

digifish
    But thats VW, thats to be expected.Click here to enlarge
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True it is the dealer but even when you contact the Holden assistance line they are very unhelpful. Their one and only reply is you must contact your local dealer to resolve this matter. The last person I spoke to wouldn't even give me her name because I said I was very disappointed the service she had given me and her attitude was off before I'd even explained why I was calling.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by coldzero Click here to enlarge
    True it is the dealer but even when you contact the Holden assistance line they are very unhelpful. Their one and only reply is you must contact your local dealer to resolve this matter. The last person I spoke to wouldn't even give me her name because I said I was very disappointed the service she had given me and her attitude was off before I'd even explained why I was calling.
    Thats exactly correct. If you have an Issue with a dealer take it up with the Service Manager or Dealer Princpal.

Think about it this way guys. If Holden HQ stepped into every single customer problem that they are exp with dealers who would be there to answer to product related issues??

Dealerships are stand alone. not owned buy Holden.

Yes they are the forefont of Holden to the retail customer and they should give some level of service. if you are unhappy with the service then contact the Service Manager. Or find another dealership.

Dealerships dont make money on the sale of the product . they make it in the Aftersale departments. This where the next car is sold.

In the Heavy Vehicle side of the industry which im involved in the it works like this. Salesman may sell the 1st batch of truck or bus/coach. but the Parts and Service department see the next batch to the fleet.
    If a truck is down its costing a customer his living. sadly in the car side of the industry unless its a Light commercial Vehicle its isnt costing the owner a loss of income. At the end of the day though if they arent providing you with the level of service you feel you should be getting contact the Service Manager of the dealership. Be polite about it as if you get on the phone the 1st time ranting and raving you will get no where fast. 9 times out of 10 the service manager will sort it out. Remember the Service Advisor's at the counter of your dealerships are only following instructions and The answer often comes from a Warranty Department with in the dealership or head office.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

cyclonic
    Thats pretty much good advice. If the management of the service department won't help, go to another dealer. Simple.

I complained over a warranty issue, and the service manager gave me my 15k service for $80.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden Click here to enlarge
    Taking your car to another Holden dealer will not void your manufacturers 3 year/100000km warranty, but it will void a dealer 6 year extended warranty if you have organised that...

<snip>.
    Yes that's right. But in both of my cases, the complimentary 3-Years EXTENDED Warranty comes on the condition that you have your vehicle serviced with the dealership you bought it from on a 10'000km basis (rather than the recommended 15'000kms as noted in the drivers' handbook.)

For me at least, the supposed benefits of such an extended warranty doesn't justify the extra money the dealership charges you for a standard service.

Let's analyse for a moment if we will, the parts covered under a standard 3-Year "Mechanical Protection Plan" offered through Lander Toyota at Blacktown

Engine: All internally lubricated parts including Pistons, Piston Rings & Pins, Crankshaft & Main Bearings, Connecting Rods & Rod Bearings, Camshaft, Timing Chains or Gears, Rocker Arms, Valves & Springs, Valve Guides & Seats, Push Rods & Lifters, Oil Pump.
    Cylinder Head/s, Engine Block or Barrels or blown Head Gaskets NOT COVERED.

Differential & Drive Line: Bearings, Centre Bearings, Half Shafts, U & CV Joints, U-Bolts, Crown wheel & pinion, Gears, Limited Slip Clutch Pack, Drive Shafts, Drive Axel Housing if Damages are due to Failure of Internally Lubricated Components.

Braking System: Calipers, Hydraulic lines, Master Cylinder, Vacuum Boosters, Wheel Cylinders.

Front Suspension ONLY: Control arms, Radius Rods & Bushes, Topp & Bottom Ball Joints, Wheel Bearings & Stub Axels, Sway-Bar Bushes.

Fuel Management System: Fuel pumps, Injector pump, Injectors

Internally Lubricated Transmission Parts ONLY: Transmission Case if Damages are due to Failure of internally lubricated Components

Clutch Assembly: Clutch plate, Pressure Plate, Clutch Fork, Thrust Race Bearing, Clutch master & slave Cylinder

Cooling System: Electric Fan Thermostat, Fan Hub, Thermostat, Water Pump, Radiator Cooling Fan Motor

Electronics & Electro-Mechanical: Engine Management Computer, Starter Motor, Wiper Motor, voltage Regulator, Alternator.

Steering: Idler Arms, Power Steering Pump, Steering Rack, tie Rod Ends, Power Steer Box, Pitman Arms

Air Conditioning: Compressor, Compressor Clutch

Body & Interior NOT APPLICABLE Click here to enlarge

Other Miscellaneous Items "Seals and Gaskets will be replaced only when such replacement is required in the normal course of repair of a covered component"

Now you don't need to give me the answer...But ask yourself what out of this list, really and truely, is likely to kick the bucket within a 3-Year Extended Warranty Period?

Unless there were to be a freakish exception, in a lemon of a vehicle, I would say NONE.

So you would need to ask yourself therefore, if it's worth even considering.

As far as I'm concerned, whatever "Extended Warranty Agreement" you happen to be offered wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on.

:Cynical Mode Off:

NXA-16H
    Last edited by NXA-16H; 10th May 2007 at 12:01 AM.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extended warranties are a waste of money.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    Extended warranties are a waste of money.
    Agreed !

They also hold you off from modifying your car for several more years lol Click here to enlarge

Not for me thanks Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NXA-16H Click here to enlarge
    Yes that's right. But in both of my cases, the complimentary 3-Years EXTENDED Warranty comes on the condition that you have your vehicle serviced with the dealership you bought it from on a 10'000km basis (rather than the recommended 15'000kms as noted in the drivers' handbook.)
    given that all Toyotas are serviced at 10K it is most likely writen up as a generic policy with no room for movment to keep it simple for them

but extended warrantys are a load of KAK
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Thread Information