Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go and see Kurt in sales and get him to go into Service with you at Heartland Parramatta.

Sounds like the seals in the lamp maybe pinched. its not uncommon. My Astra G had that problem once
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectra V6 Click here to enlarge
    The VXR had the 3000k service today and I have to say the service from Holden is piss poor. There have been numerous occassions where the rear lights have fogged up with condensation. Also somehow a bug managed to somehow breach the right rear light and is clearly visible. I told Holden of my problem and they said that they would address it. On pickup they told me that they could not do anything because they needed physical proof. They advised me to bring the car in when the lights are fogged up. Now how practical is that? It generally occurs after a chilly night or after rain, and after driving the car for 10 minutes the condensation evapourates. How the hell do they expect anyone to give them pyhsical proof? C'mon that is dodgy.
    I suggested taking photos with my rego number visible and they won't even accept that.... I even showed them a thread from VXR online disscussing the problem and proving to them that it is a common problem.... So then i pointed out that there has to be a breach in the seal since there is a bug clearly visible? I was then told that, the bug will not affect the light and therefore is not an issue, but isn't that proof that there is a breach somewhere? I argued constantly and for what? Had valid points which they rejected without any backing. They are like a brick wall and I honestly wasted my time.... they seriously don't think much of you.

Do i jeopardise the warrantly if i take it to another dealer?

I got crap service first time I went to the my Dealership so now I send my Fiancé along and the service is great, they even gave us a new gear knob as the original one formed an air bubble under the clear plastic.Click here to enlarge

Clear plastic lights always fog up, my Lexus (Toyota build quality)
    had them and it did it.Click here to enlarge

i too took my car for the 3000klm service very recently and thought the service wasnt very good, it left me with a unhappy feeling about the visit. first of all when i was booking the car in the guy i who was doing my paperwork didnt seem friendly at all. during the middle of the paperwork he spots some customer that he knows and starts chatting to him, 5mins later after talking rubbish he resumes my paperwork.

I gave the car a quick wash a couple days before taking the car in forgetting that they wash it for you. When i picked up the car later that day i was expecting that they would wash it again, but no... i found the car with heaps of fingerprints (my car is black), the radio station changed and the music volumne extra loud. So i go into the office and ask them if cars usually get washed when they get serviced and the lady goes "oh, do you want your car washed?".. i was like WTF? the car eventually got washed and 20mins later i get to take the car, the wash was crap.. some parts were still dirty and alot of the car was still dropping wet.. i was already late going back to work so though F..k it.. while driving home that night i noticed about 30 extra klms on the odometer, double checked it against my service book and the i was definitely right about it. very unhappy Click here to enlarge
    Just specify that you don’t want them to attempt to clean your car next time. It took me half a day to remove the swirl marks and crap they left on mine from the fisrt service.Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Apex; 8th May 2007 at 09:04 AM.
    Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stevedee3 Click here to enlarge
    Those (useless IMHO) six year extended warranties only require that scheduled servicing be performed by the selling dealer. Warranty work (i.e. Stuff paid for by Holden) can be done anywhere.
    This is correct !

Sorry to hear about yet another dissatisfied customer when it comes to GMH after sales service and support...

When will these buggers eventually wake up Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets get one thing straight... it's the Holden DEALER that is responsible for good/bad servicing. Don't blame Holden the manufacturer.

Go complain to the DEALER about poor service or even better go to another dealer. Vote with your wallet.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just spoke to Holden Customer Assistance and I could swear I was speaking to the same guy I did yesterday. Kept getting the response 'they need evidence of the condensation'. I mean how practical is that? the only way this is feasible is if i were to leave the car at the dealer overnight. Otherwise there is no way I could give them physical proof. I then argued that the pyhsical proof is the insect which is clearly visible in the light and this is enough proof to say that the seals of the light have been breached. The response.... well ask them to check the seals. Well that is what they did yesterday.... the service is terrible...

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you show them the condensation they may give you new lights but the new ones will do the same thing, it happens on most cars it’s just easier to see when the plastic is clear.

Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well according to some of the guys in the UK, Vauxhall have addressed the problem with a new seal. Several of them who have had them replaced have not encountered the problem since. Just wonder why Holden are not informed..... none the less i will be testing a few other dealers...

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I went there to have my fuel system checked because it wasn't starting in the morning when the fuel level is low. They needed to see it so asked me to have my car parked there over night. Which is not exactly what I wanted to do but I had to..... Next morning, he calls and tells me the car is fine. There is no problem. But when I got there, he was trying to show me how my car had no problem,,, and....... car doesn't start.

So.. There was 3 return trip to the dealer ship, 2 days without the car just to show them exactly what I have been telling them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    This is correct !

Sorry to hear about yet another dissatisfied customer when it comes to GMH after sales service and support...

When will these buggers eventually wake up Click here to enlarge
    Again its at dealer level. Not Holden Head office. So to say GMH is alittle unfair.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my experiences with Sutton Holden (Rosebery) nothing you guys have said surprises me. I would never take my car to a Holden dealership again, due to dodgy work completed by Suttons my car has require 2 new fuel pumps and a whole engine rebuild, both fuel pump failures required the evacuation of a service station and the fire brigade being called out to mop up 60 liters of Optimax that flooded the forecourt. That exercise alone cost me $150 in lost fuel just because the monkey doing the job didn't seal the fuel pump twice!!! The engine failure was a result of them not replacing the drive belt correctly which then split and then caused the engine to seize up. 3 weeks off the road before they fixed it so I was without a car I was still paying for. Then there are the times I took it in to have warranty work done only to collect it at the end of the day and told they haven't done anything, have they never heard of calling you??

Never ever take your car to this dealership. I did once take my car to United Holden in Kogarah and they seemed more helpful and a lot cheaper for a standard service, but I wasn't exactly blow away.

I know this doesn't help for warranty faults but if it is just a service you require I cannot recommend enough Tune House in Marrickville, they are absolutely outstanding. I've never had that feeling that something has actually been done to my car when I collected it from Suttons, as it probably hadn't. After its 90,000km service at Tune House I could not believe the difference it feels like a totally new car. Handling, performance it really is amazing. You guys with the turbos and HSV's should really look into this.

Speak to Jim at www.tunehouse.com.au

Sorry for the rant but I can feel my blood boil when I think how much Suttons have shafted me around over the years...

Cheers

Thread Information