Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holden Service Poor

The VXR had the 3000k service today and I have to say the service from Holden is piss poor. There have been numerous occassions where the rear lights have fogged up with condensation. Also somehow a bug managed to somehow breach the right rear light and is clearly visible. I told Holden of my problem and they said that they would address it. On pickup they told me that they could not do anything because they needed physical proof. They advised me to bring the car in when the lights are fogged up. Now how practical is that? It generally occurs after a chilly night or after rain, and after driving the car for 10 minutes the condensation evapourates. How the hell do they expect anyone to give them pyhsical proof? C'mon that is dodgy.
    I suggested taking photos with my rego number visible and they won't even accept that.... I even showed them a thread from VXR online disscussing the problem and proving to them that it is a common problem.... So then i pointed out that there has to be a breach in the seal since there is a bug clearly visible? I was then told that, the bug will not affect the light and therefore is not an issue, but isn't that proof that there is a breach somewhere? I argued constantly and for what? Had valid points which they rejected without any backing. They are like a brick wall and I honestly wasted my time.... they seriously don't think much of you.

Do i jeopardise the warrantly if i take it to another dealer?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectra V6 Click here to enlarge
    Do i jeopardise the warrantly if i take it to another dealer?
    Nope. You could could also try ringing Holden customer service to see what they have to say - chances are they'll know more about the vehicles than the dealer.

OpelAus Participant Mainframe_Module's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what dealer was it?
    Attitudes Are Contagious... Mine Might Kill You.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heartland Parra...

OpelAus Participant Mainframe_Module's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think red srit from here works there, cause ima see him when i go to buy my astra in june
    Attitudes Are Contagious... Mine Might Kill You.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking your car to another Holden dealer will not void your manufacturers 3 year/100000km warranty, but it will void a dealer 6 year extended warranty if you have organised that...

On the light issue with the condensation, it's a common occurance on AH Astra Coupes (not sure about the 5door). My old man told his dealer about it on his AH Turbo and they replaced it without question. But it still gets condensation in it occasionally.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    isnt the HSV dealer 6 years any way? thought it was longer than the holden standard warranty. and if it is for for warranty work it will not void a warranty as you are not getting a stamp in the book
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden Click here to enlarge
    Taking your car to another Holden dealer ... will void a dealer 6 year extended warranty if you have organised that...
    Those (useless IMHO) six year extended warranties only require that scheduled servicing be performed by the selling dealer. Warranty work (i.e. Stuff paid for by Holden) can be done anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i too took my car for the 3000klm service very recently and thought the service wasnt very good, it left me with a unhappy feeling about the visit. first of all when i was booking the car in the guy i who was doing my paperwork didnt seem friendly at all. during the middle of the paperwork he spots some customer that he knows and starts chatting to him, 5mins later after talking rubbish he resumes my paperwork.

I gave the car a quick wash a couple days before taking the car in forgetting that they wash it for you. When i picked up the car later that day i was expecting that they would wash it again, but no... i found the car with heaps of fingerprints (my car is black), the radio station changed and the music volumne extra loud. So i go into the office and ask them if cars usually get washed when they get serviced and the lady goes "oh, do you want your car washed?".. i was like WTF? the car eventually got washed and 20mins later i get to take the car, the wash was crap.. some parts were still dirty and alot of the car was still dropping wet.. i was already late going back to work so though F..k it.. while driving home that night i noticed about 30 extra klms on the odometer, double checked it against my service book and the i was definitely right about it. very unhappy Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

cyclonic
    Damn, thats pretty rubbish service. My advice? See another dealer, but complain like hell to the original. Won't get you anywhere but at least you'll have got it off your chest. Then let the next dealer know of your woes - they'll more than likely be more keen to do a good job once they hear that.

Thread Information