Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys Click here to enlarge where ever I go with this car, it sure does grab lots of attention Click here to enlarge

Headlights are twin angel eye and projector light housings, there are a few others here who have the same, I've fitted Xenon HID's to mine as well Click here to enlarge

Rims are 20's - one of several sets I have for my vert - if you take a close looks at my sig pic, you'll see that they are different 20's fitted in those pics Click here to enlarge

The car actually has alot more done to it now than when that pic was taken late last year....externally it now has an Irmy slimline boot spoiler and an Irmy 'Latice' style front grille - both look horn bags Click here to enlarge

One day when it's all done to my satisfaction, I'll reveal it in full Click here to enlarge

I'll keep an eye out for you, if I come across a turbo front bar for sale, I'll let you know - it does make a huge difference, in real life it looks much better than in the pics...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think i can see the wiring looms sitting there ready for the foggys in the SRiT Front Bar. will just have to fit a switch by the looks.

is this correct ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about that one...

When I purchased the entire assembly above, the foggies were a complete assembly, but any wiring associated with them was not included.

On my vert, it already had foggies, so I just connected it all up and use the factory installed dash switch.

Probably in your case in your Astra wasn't fitted with foggies, you might have to get more bits - wiring look etc. but I suspect it should already be there, both the connection for the foggies and the the interior switch, have a check, if it is it'll make thing easiers and cheaper lol, you might just have to get yourself dash a switch assembly.

Appologies if that's what you meant above Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Yes, I was in the same boat as you about a couple of years ago !

IMHO the Astra G turbo hatch front bar looks better than any aftermarket or any other factory front bar for the TS/G Astra !

After trying to score a s/h one from here or the wreckers for nearly 12 months, I gave up, bit the bullet and purchased a brand new one from GMH spare parts.

At least this way, it'll come up like brand new when all is done Click here to enlarge

Total cost for me at the time was just under $1200 for the lot, including genuine/original turbo foggies and painting cost me another $350.

Installed on my turbo vert, it looks just fantastic (check my sig pics) and makes mine unique to others around, don't know why Opel didn't adopt this bar for both the turbo vert and turbo coupe...

Let me know if you want to do the same, I'll give you a detailed list of all the part no's. and pics as well Click here to enlarge

edit: pic added Click here to enlarge
    Just to temp you a bit more, seeing your Astra is silver and a sedan and has diamond cut finish wheels this is pretty close to what it'll look like...Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    =1 to looking better than anyother, i found a aftermarlet 1 on ebay for $450 including postage from the Uk, painted it myself and put it on
    u can check my car out in the members car area if you wanna have a look at how it turned out. link below

did u end up finding a bar, seeing as this thread is a few years old lol
    Last edited by faneca; 20th April 2011 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    wow epic thread revival Click here to enlarge
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool

LOL thought id give it a try haha didnt say nything about him getting his bar so thought id ask

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is no longer an active member so you're probably not going to get an answer
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by faneca Click here to enlarge
    =1 to looking better than anyother, i found a aftermarlet 1 on ebay for $450 including postage from the Uk, painted it myself and put it on
    u can check my car out in the members car area if you wanna have a look at how it turned out. link below

did u end up finding a bar, seeing as this thread is a few years old lol
    G'Day there feneca - think you got the wrong person Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    wow epic thread revival Click here to enlarge
    Bloody hell, sure is LOL
    Last edited by Wraith; 3rd May 2011 at 12:02 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant scaifeys2.2mk4's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if only they had some kind of warning to stop this from happening
    THE tractor spec SRi - Not so tractory anymore, and not quite so stationary, is probably being flung through the hills.
    you dont need to be nice to stupid people, they dont usually understand- poita

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scaifeys2.2mk4 Click here to enlarge
    if only they had some kind of warning to stop this from happening
    ummmm..
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Pretty old thread, and theres been no response since.. so without further ado...

Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Thread Information