Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TS SRiT Front Bar ??

Does anyone know where i can get a TS SRiT front bar from ? trying to find one in a wreckers is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. anyone ever bought one befor ?? how much ?? any info would help.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good luck. most chances you wont find it..as usualy astras which are hit from the front get wrecked. whereas the ones hit from the rear usually get repaired.
    so hence if you do find a turbo g....it will most likely be a front accident.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got an quote right here, actually! Holden dealer/s here in Adelaide, new TS Astra SRi Turbo front bar (complete, fog lights and all necessary bits) comes to a grand total of $1659.80 incl. GST, + painting and fitting.

One bump . . . and it's all gone!

I'd love one too, but not prepared to take that sort of risk. Plus, if I was to change it, my insurance company doesn't want to acknowledge it: "We'll replace the factory front bumper on your convertible." Little do they know, that they cost just as much as a Turbo job!
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its not a 1 bump and its gone job. its a plastic bar. and being a genuine bar and the same cost as the vert 1 they should replace it.

try ebay. sometimes they appear on there
    '02 Astra 3dr
    Dark Blue
    Written off!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    your better off buying an after market bar.... there will be less of a waitClick here to enlarge
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    probably better off getting a front bumper from http://www.carshine.com.au/
    they have a shop in Sunshine

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think dave (maloo97) is/was looking to sell his front bar...

maybe PM him?
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WLD-18L Click here to enlarge
    Does anyone know where i can get a TS SRiT front bar from ? trying to find one in a wreckers is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. anyone ever bought one befor ?? how much ?? any info would help.
    Yes, I was in the same boat as you about a couple of years ago !

IMHO the Astra G turbo hatch front bar looks better than any aftermarket or any other factory front bar for the TS/G Astra !

After trying to score a s/h one from here or the wreckers for nearly 12 months, I gave up, bit the bullet and purchased a brand new one from GMH spare parts.

At least this way, it'll come up like brand new when all is done Click here to enlarge

Total cost for me at the time was just under $1200 for the lot, including genuine/original turbo foggies and painting cost me another $350.

Installed on my turbo vert, it looks just fantastic (check my sig pics) and makes mine unique to others around, don't know why Opel didn't adopt this bar for both the turbo vert and turbo coupe...

Let me know if you want to do the same, I'll give you a detailed list of all the part no's. and pics as well Click here to enlarge

edit: pic added Click here to enlarge
    Just to temp you a bit more, seeing your Astra is silver and a sedan and has diamond cut finish wheels this is pretty close to what it'll look like...Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Wraith; 3rd May 2007 at 01:04 PM.
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if i havnt said it before wraith.... your car is so freakn hot!!:clap:
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help people !

Wraith that car is amazing ! those front lights are awsome. love the whole thing. wot rims...... they are massive ! best opel i have seen by far.

would love to do it but cant see myself sheeling out round 1500 for it ! ill keep serching hopefully one will pop up somewhere.

Thread Information