Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Poogene2001 Click here to enlarge
    I'm currently looking a 2005 TW Magna (5 yr warranty) for around 13K on road. I know they are ugly, but thats a bargain!
    So young yet so wise Click here to enlarge See if you can find an base spec AWD version.

OpelAus Participant Poogene2001's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pred8r Click here to enlarge
    Correct me if Im wrong, but if you found a vehicle you wanted, then approached a LMCT to buy it for you with $500-$1k cash for his trouble, itd pretty much be a done deal.
    You are probably right. I doubt there is a single motor trader who wouldnt be up for making a quick buck. But he would need to be on the LeasePlan tender list (ie cars that we dispose of ourselves, as opposed to cars we emply pickles to sell for us) to have access to the weekly listings of available cars.

So young yet so wise Click here to enlarge See if you can find an base spec AWD version.
    I dont think I'd go for the AWD version, from what i hear they are heavier, thirstier and produce lower peak power and torque figures. Plus they have a smaller fuel tank and 16" wheels (which means more expensive rubber!).
    Basically CHEEP CHEEP is what i want my car to sing for a few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically CHEEP CHEEP is what i want my car to sing for a few years.
    You could go a prius and get echo/yaris economy at 4x the price.....oh Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    "At the moment you have the answer to fuel consumption by looking at diesel, but governments then charge extra taxes on it so they make that option really unavailable to the public because they chose to put a levy on the fuel." - Tom Walkinshaw (HSV)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a Prius go this week thru the tender, but wont know the final sell price till next week. Im sure they hold their value pretty well.
    Its magna all the way for me!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a Prius go this week thru the tender, but wont know the final sell price till next week. Im sure they hold their value pretty well.
    Its magna all the way for me!
    Magnas are exceptional value... and , if you want, "most" of the power of the VRX/Sport can be had buy a cheap replacement of the rear muffler (a factory item).

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the guaranteed purchase price for my '06 SRI which is on a 24 month lease is $17572 inc GST .... I think I'll opt to buy it, sell at profit then lease something else

ive only got 13 months to go... any punters wanna speculate what she'll be worth - it'll have 55kms ... its standard, in black with rear parking sensors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should sell for $24K with no problems (imho)

Thread Information