its getting close to june and im getting more and more excited about finally getting my bloody astra/manual that ive been planning on and off for what seems like forever.

but i was wondering - does anyone know if the new engine is the same engine that is just modified? or a totally new one?
like is it based on the old 1.8? or is it a totally new design?

reason im asking is that the older one seems a pretty well tested engine and from what ive been reading seems to be pretty dependable.
but any extra juice is welcomed and when i test drove the older one it seemed punchy enough in the coupe so this one will hopfully be even better.

has anyone driven one yet? i know some of you work at car places, thought you might be able to comment on the new engines?

oh, and closer to the date im going to purchase i will be nagging you all to tell me what you think is the best price i can get and what you would be willing to pay with the specs i want.....i dont want to get screwed over :P

taa Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!