OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ye 'ol Ming Paint Protection And car buying tips.

Had a guy join the retravision team today, good bloke, and yes guess what he worked for ford!

so he was telling me all the stories, and I was asking how much commision etc, it was all very supriseing. (they get like 30.00 per BA)

So I asked the question, whats the best way to get a good priced car from a salesman. he said "give the guy 100-200 cash, and he'll give you an unbelieveable price and he'll push the manager to accept it"

which was fair enough i do that at work, a customer slips me cash, i dun give a damn about how much retravision make, go 1% markup Click here to enlarge

also, we were having a laugh about MING and paint protection bullshit. I've always known it was a money maker, (may work, but it still makes the dealership more money)

FACT! how much did they charge you per application? FACT! it costed them 42.00 per application. 5 applications (interior, rust, paint, ... , ... ) Click here to enlarge

and the MING girl gets 10% commision and the salesman of the car gets 10%.

the product might be good for your car? but dosent it cost like 1900.00-2400.00 for it at the dealership Click here to enlarge

oath. what a money raiser.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Brisbane QLD Drives:'07 Mazda 3 MPS Colour:Aurora Blue
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you betcha it raises money....

I have bought 2 new cars in the last 4 yrs...and both times i said NO

And my paint still looks brand new...and most cars have at least 6yrs rust protection from the factory :bang:
    Wheels For Awareness
    Supporting The Australian Cancer Research Foundation

Click here to enlarge
    |

Anonymous
    i wish i knew about this bribe thing 14 years ago ,but im going to try it on my next purchase

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah we know someone who used to be a car detailer, My Dad asked about the ming protection all the usual questions, She said not to pay and wait till tommorrow. Next day comes over with a bottle of the ming stuff, gave Dad a copy of the instructions and he did it himself and cost him nothing! He was very pleased, but couldnt understand how the dealerships could charge so much for so little!

Speaking of Sales people, A mate and I were at Salters one day having a quick look at a car that caught our eye as we drove past, anyway he was looking at the car and talking to a salesperson about it, so I wandered around looking at other cars, a different salesperson comes up to me and says "Convince your mate to buy that car and I will give you a cheque for $500" Im asked him if he was joking and he said "no Im serious $500!!" Couldnt beleive it.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i got my car they asked me if i wanted it rust proofed and all that stuff..... like another $5 grand later.....

then i went home and was reading the Holden webiste and saw this in with all the standard features....

"Fully galvanised body for complete rust protection" Holden Barina SXi

i thought you fkn sneaky bastards.. just trying to make some $$ hey.... lucky i didnt get it
    Click here to enlarge

[ OOD33 ] <3's [ 57U-OO ]

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dazza015
    Speaking of Sales people, A mate and I were at Salters one day having a quick look at a car that caught our eye as we drove past, anyway he was looking at the car and talking to a salesperson about it, so I wandered around looking at other cars, a different salesperson comes up to me and says "Convince your mate to buy that car and I will give you a cheque for $500" Im asked him if he was joking and he said "no Im serious $500!!" Couldnt beleive it.
    He probably bet $1000 to the other salesperson he couldn't make a sale that week!!

Thread Information