Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2 cents here........

I can't believe anyone who's done research into aftermarket stuff for their car would even consider WP......They are a massive RIP OFF !

One eg: look at the price they want for lowering springs.....and guess what they use King springs........HELLO !!!!!

Seriously they could take over from where Car Shine left off ! lol.........

Even the article in Motor Mag questioned the 'value for money aspect' of what they have on offer for the AH Astra !

There are a multitude of hardware suppliers out there with items 'specifically' designed for the application which will cost you less even after you've sourced them and paid freight from O/S...

If the only thing they offer is 'non voiding' your car's warranty, it's still not enough to get my business, it's just a very poor excuse or justification for the wouded bull pricing and trying to flog off poor quality items at premium prices........
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    My 2 cents here........

I can't believe anyone who's done research into aftermarket stuff for their car would even consider WP......They are a massive RIP OFF !

One eg: look at the price they want for lowering springs.....and guess what they use King springs........HELLO !!!!!

Even the article in Motor Mag questioned the 'value for money aspect' of what they have on offer for the AH Astra !

There are a multitude of hardware suppliers out there with items 'specifically' designed for the application which will cost you less even after you've sourced them and paid freight from O/S...

If the only thing they offer is 'non voiding' your car's warranty, it's still not enough to get my business, it's just a very poor excuse or justification for the wouded bull pricing and trying to flog off poor quality items at premium prices........
    Well put Wraith.... could not have said it better myself Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    My 2 cents here........

agreeClick here to enlarge regarding the springs - king springs can be purchased (incl install) for around $300 these days. Comare that to what WP asks for themClick here to enlarge They are the same springs, arent they? So what gives them the right to charge double that??? IMO the same theory goes for the rest of their productsClick here to enlarge My last thought - if you have an AH turbo and plan to spend your money at WP modifying it, the end price will see you go near the 45k mark, for which you could purchase a brand new VXRClick here to enlarge Now i know which one i'd rather haveClick here to enlarge

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [quote=Wraith;222224]My 2 cents here........

Thats why i posed the question here, as part of my research!

thanks for all your replies, now the second part of my question. Springs, i know you have all suggested "Kings" would i also have to change the dampeners? current ones have cdc magic in them, which does give my wife a " lovely pliable" ride and the option for a firmer ride, etc for me

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to sure on your info/question above...

But if this helps, there are a couple of other AH Astra owners looking at lowering springs options for their cars ATM.

I believe the thread is in the 'Astra models' section - try that or PM Simon (SIMID) he's being doing alot of research to see exactly which ones are the correct ones and compatible for the new AH's and he's also looking into what needs to be done if anything with the stock dampers...

Most of us recommend either Eibach's or H&R springs, they are tried and proven by many of us here on the forum Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help Wraith, I'll have a look into them, BTW I heard a WP exhaust today on an SRi T, sounded just horny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree with wraith but not sure about the car shine part! but wp are way over priced with not much to show
    Corsa B - all show no go SOLD
    VY SS ute - all go no show SOLD
    AH Astra Turbo - all show n go

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by OzRodent Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the help Wraith, I'll have a look into them, BTW I heard a WP exhaust today on an SRi T, sounded just horny
    Are they CNC Mandel Bent?
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaun not too sure, but they are a mandrel bend

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say for the price they would be.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Thread Information