Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CRASH - One sad Corsa

Not a happy day. Driving home behind someone, get to a roundabout so we both slow down to a near stop, there's a gap so he starts to go, i start to go as well, look right to check no cars had come out of nowhere and while im looking he changes his mind a stops. Only had time to think about braking, my foot didnt actually make it to the pedal. Not much i could do but still at fault so its gonna hurt my pocket a bit with insurance.

Poor car ('01 Corsa SRi) has a bent bonnet, caved in front bumper, smashed headlights, air bags went off, seat belt pretensioners went off, smashed windscreen, interior panels out of place, leaking liquid from engine but cant open the bonnet to check it. not a pretty sight. PS For anyone who doesnt know airbags are VERY LOUD and the middle of your steering wheel really hurts when it smacks you in the arm, ive got half a holden logo bruised into my arm.

Anyway, getting it all fixed under insurance (wanted a new bumper and headlights anyway but thats another story) so not too bad.

Im thinking of getting the facelift headlights instead of the old ones and paying any difference. Just wondering if anyone has the GM part number for the facelift headlights.

Thanks, now its time to go and lick my wounds.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    _
    _ mods _ opelised _ 17" advanti medusa's _ slotted front and rear rotors _ whiteline rear sway bar _ k&n panel filter _ ice install _
    _ facelift headlights _ window tint _ de-rubstripped _ smoked indicators and rear fogs _ stubby aerial _

Click here to enlarge

_ click here for the barina car club of australia _

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like a write off from that list...

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i did about that to my calibra, was all fixed.
    total bill was close to 8k, that goodness for insurance Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by imad4u Click here to enlarge
    sounds like a write off from that list...
    Damn, hope it isnt written off, love the car too much.
    _
    _ mods _ opelised _ 17" advanti medusa's _ slotted front and rear rotors _ whiteline rear sway bar _ k&n panel filter _ ice install _
    _ facelift headlights _ window tint _ de-rubstripped _ smoked indicators and rear fogs _ stubby aerial _

Click here to enlarge

_ click here for the barina car club of australia _

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i did $12K damage to my corolla

front bar, passenger headlight, bonnet, roof - all ****ed...

all fixed under warranty, but then again, it goes on the value of the car if they write it off or not... if it's over a certain percentage, it's just easier to give you money than for them to pay to get it fixed
    Click here to enlarge

[ OOD33 ] <3's [ 57U-OO ]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    given the age of you are probably border line might be worth swapping the wheels back before the assessor looks at it
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so sorry to hear that - wat a bummer!! Click here to enlarge
    hope it all gets fixed quickly.

SOLD!! Soon to be Skoda Octavia vRS!
    Rieger Tuning Bodykit; Whiteline Rear Sway Bar; Whiteline Front Brace-Strut; Bilstein Heavyduty Strut Mounts; Koni Sports Shocks; Sports Ryder Performance Springs; DEPO Angel Eyes 5000k Xenons[/B]; Kamei Mesh Sports Grille; Hurricane Muffler; Hella FF50 Foglights; INXX Bonnet Lifters; 17x7.5" StarCorp Gunmetal 6;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate, so sorry to hear about the car! lucky you came out safely and not injured!!

I had a hyundai that had been in a similar crash and trust me, I would advise to try write off and get a new car.

it will never be the same again, especially if roof, windscreen and interior panels have moved/bent. you will have a lot of problems with wheel alignment, screws not fitting in place in the engine bay and heaps of other problems like headlights not aligned properly etc etc... it gave me a massive headache!! when, i turned my wheels, they would rub against the plastic inside...man, im glad I got rid of it!

also, the car wont be as safe as when it was not hit.
    Last edited by USC; 3rd October 2007 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by immenotu Click here to enlarge
    the middle of your steering wheel really hurts when it smacks you in the arm, ive got half a holden logo bruised into my arm.
    sorry to hear about the accident mate... but why was your arm across the steering wheel??
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a writeoff with that much damage. You must have been going a bit faster than you think to set the airbags off.

Thread Information